Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should a bowman/ chrome jumbo box GUARANTEE a #ed auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A few weeks ago in a moment of boredom, I opened a jumbo box of bc and got three base autos.

I chalked it up as a rare box void of a single #ed auto until a customer told me his multiple boxes also had three base autos.

So that got me wondering what other products with a $150 Srp don't give you at least one numbered auto. In any sport. And I couldn't think of one.

Now, I'm not saying a blue or gold, im talking minimum Refractor. One per box.

And I know about odds but for that price, perhaps they should make an exclusive numbered color.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bmc398

May 25, 2009
A few weeks ago in a moment of boredom, I opened a jumbo box of bc and got three base autos.

I chalked it up as a rare box void of a single #ed auto until a customer told me his multiple boxes also had three base autos.

So that got me wondering what other products with a $150 Srp don't give you at least one numbered auto. In any sport. And I couldn't think of one.

Now, I'm not saying a blue or gold, im talking minimum Refractor. One per box.

And I know about odds but for that price, perhaps they should make an exclusive numbered color.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I think they should garuntee a blue auto or better, especially for being the cost of 3 regular boxes.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Are you referring to 2013 Bowman Chrome?

Well, if so, a refractor auto is stated as one per 3.77 hobby boxes (1:68 packs-- 1 box = 18 packs), so if jumbo odds are the same, you need to buy two jumbos to hit the odds, and in that case you'd get one #'d auto (/500) and 5 base chrome, on average.

You need to buy 13 hobby boxes to expect seeing anything above a base ref au /500-- i.e. to see a blue au /150. I got two cases and hit one blue auto in total.

And according to the odds on the wrapper, you would need to buy 4 full hobby cases just to expect ONE gold prospect auto /50, or 58 CASES if you want to hit ONE RC gold auto /50. I consider myself fortunate to have hit one gold auto in my two cases.

Enjoy.

2013 bowman chrome hobby box wrapper odds.jpg

My one gold auto:

GUERRERO.GOLD.AU.13BC.jpg

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
In Jumbo its usually been one auto is Ref or better and I think thats the way it should be. However, Topps seems to put all these things out there that say "on average, 1 auto a box" or whatever. So I don't think they would guarantee it but thats part of the problem with this years Bowman Chrome. massive overproduction and an awful checklist.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Are you referring to 2013 Bowman Chrome?

Well, if so, a refractor auto is stated as one per 3.77 hobby boxes (1:68 packs-- 1 box = 18 packs), so if jumbo odds are the same, you need to buy two jumbos to hit the odds, and in that case you'd get one #'d auto (/500) and 5 base chrome, on average.

You need to buy 13 hobby boxes to expect seeing anything above a base ref au /500-- i.e. to see a blue au /150. I got two cases and hit one blue auto in total.

And according to the odds on the wrapper, you would need to buy 4 full hobby cases just to expect ONE gold prospect auto /50, or 58 CASES if you want to hit ONE RC gold auto /50. I consider myself fortunate to have hit one gold auto in my two cases.

Enjoy.

View attachment 24790

My one gold auto:

View attachment 24791

Then I consider myself fortunate to pull 3 blue, 1 gold RC auto, 1 orange auto and 1 purple auto in my 3 cases.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
The odds are too long to make it worth busting cases of Bowman products. I got one BDPP coming from cgilmo because of the great deal, but I'm not expecting miracles. Moving back to singles of the players (like playing the stock martket) I want instead of buying unopened material (lottery scratchers). At least that way I can only blame myself for backing the wrong horse.

Members online

Latest posts