Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goose Gossage seems to be upset ... at everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I have no problem with bat flips.

I also have no problem with whoever made the bat flip taking a fastball to the back in his next at-bat.

I have no problem with take-out slides at second base.

I DO however have a problem with the 2nd base bag not being actually touched by the defender while attempting a double play. If Major League Baseball is going to change the slide rule at second base, they need to get rid of the bullsh*t 'in the area' rule. Touch the damn bag or the base runner is safe.

Bryce Harper is a ****** bag, and Goose Gossage is a bitter old man.

What about at 3rd? with a catcher ?
JeterHuckaby2.jpg

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
If anyone is blocking the bag, run right through them.

I hate the new home plate rule, by the way.

I couldn't find the video, but the catcher wasn't blocking the bag at the time, he slid his body, knees first,in front of the bag at the same time jeter was sliding and they basically crashed into each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I couldn't find the video, but the catcher wasn't blocking the bag at the time, he slid his body, knees first,in front of the bag at the same time jeter was sliding and they basically crashed into each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I remember that game. My sister and I had minor heart attacks

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
As for plate blocking: the only problem is catchers having a suit of armor they get to use. I remember when JJ Hardy jacked up his leg because a catcher got to stick his armor out for Hardy to slide through.

Members online

Latest posts