Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has David Ortiz gone from Lovable to huge d-bag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have always wondered why David Ortiz seems to get a pass for his bat flipping, flaunting, pimping, pitcher showing up, slow ass trotting, antics. I always assumed that most players like and respect him off the field, thus the pass. Seems like some of that is changing with David Price and now Chris Archer calling him out. I personally find it pretty annoying, and Ortiz's over the top and outward cockiness and arrogance is too much. What do you think?

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I always thought he was a bit of a d-bag. And I say that as a Red Sox fan and a huge fan of Ortiz. I can see why fans of other teams do not like him. I probably wouldn't like him if he was not on the Red Sox.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I can't understand how any non-Red Sox fan could root for the dude. On top of everything you mentioned his whinning about the official scorer decisions is just as bad. He is obnoxious as hell, and I hope the HOF voters remember his PED connections when the time comes.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I can't understand how any non-Red Sox fan could root for the dude. On top of everything you mentioned his whinning about the official scorer decisions is just as bad. He is obnoxious as hell, and I hope the HOF voters remember his PED connections when the time comes.

WHINING and tenuous PED accusations aside, does everyone here know that David Price is the one who drilled David Ortiz this year for something that happened last year? If Archer doesn't like what Ortiz did to him today, all he needs to go is go to his own soon to be ex-teammate, there are enough tissues in a box of Kleenex for the both of them.

Years ago, I read a book called Fantasyland. It was about a guys quest to win a fantasy league and he had access to clubhouses. He told a story about Ortiz at all star weekend. He was walking through the locker room and yelled " NOBODY LOOK AT MY NIPPLES". After reading that, I could NEVER dislike this man for any reason!

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
WHINING and tenuous PED accusations aside, does everyone here know that David Price is the one who drilled David Ortiz this year for something that happened last year? If Archer doesn't like what Ortiz did to him today, all he needs to go is go to his own soon to be ex-teammate, there are enough tissues in a box of Kleenex for the both of them.

Pretty much this...Ortiz maybe insufferable at times but Price and Archer seem like crybabies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I don't follow him closely, but every time I see an interview or behind-the-scenes piece on him, he seems like a fun guy to be around. I've seen some pretty funny pieces of him joking with teammates and horsing around. He doesn't come across as a d-bag to me, seems like the kind of guy I'd like as a teammate. But again, I just have a few impressions to judge on.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I have a mixed opinion of him. I thought it was inappropriate for him to drop an "F" bomb over the stadium microphone after the bombings.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Using steroids before it was made illegal should not affect anything. That's called being competitive within the confines of the rules. I think all players should be a little more like Ortiz. He plays with emotion. When you hit a HR you earned some admiring time. Can pitchers really not handle a guy pimping a HR. It happens like 40 times (guestimate) a year to the most HR pitcher in the league. Get over it, I say.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Lovable?

I've thought he was a ****** bag the entire time.

Yup. Biggest D Bag in baseball IMO. He acts like he is bigger than the game. He hits a home run, admires it for 5 plus seconds, flips his bat, and then slowly jogs the bases.

It'll be horrible if he makes the hall before Edgar.

If Ortiz had to play first all the time, he would be not be as hailed as he is today as he is one of the worst fielders in the game.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Using steroids before it was made illegal should not affect anything. That's called being competitive within the confines of the rules. I think all players should be a little more like Ortiz. He plays with emotion. When you hit a HR you earned some admiring time. Can pitchers really not handle a guy pimping a HR. It happens like 40 times (guestimate) a year to the most HR pitcher in the league. Get over it, I say.

I don't believe I've ever instanty disliked a person based on one post... until now. For the MILLIONTH TIME, steroids were illegal! Just because MLB didn't have a rule against them doesn't mean they weren't illegal! I don't believe MLB has a hard rule against murder either but guess what, ILLEGAL! Why do some people not understand this?

And no, you shouldn't just stand there like a tard. If you hit a homer, run.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Unfortunately you can't throw at him every time he is up when you are trying to win games. Obviously the Red Sox have quit trying to win and have nothing to play for, I mean look what is happening to them tonight.

Papis antics are a disgrace to the game and he'll get one in his ribs from Archer and/or Price later this season, no doubt. I'm against throwing anywhere near a player's head, but it would be awfully tempting in his case.

Big papi = big poopy

Members online

Latest posts