Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scam Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I read the whole thing last night and now I feel like I need to kick a dog or something.........just kidding! But my eyes and head hurt from reading it!

The short version: Several BO members decided to collaborate to place a $25,000 insurance claim with the USPS by making deals (money/trade). While making the deals, they wanted to boost their iTrader status as well to possibly lure more unsuspecting people into their loop.

A guy in the states enlisted (pun) two guys in the Army stationed in Japan. They guy in states says he mailed $25,000 worth of cards to the guys in Japan. The guys in Japan say the boxes arrived (but shipped and delivered by different people to different addresses) but they didnt have the high dollar cards in them, just base cards. They open PayPal and USPS claims to get their money back. They all ended up getting caught in lies and their scheme exposed for what it was, USPS insurance fraud.

As others were making trades with the guy in the states, they started to refuse his packages because they didnt want the missing cards ending up in their hands and being part of the scheme. Well, it seems as if some of those that were refusing the packages were actually in on it too, but since they didnt take delivery, it keeps the finger from being pointed at them.

While this was taking place, all parties get on BO and start to bash one another about missing cards in boxes shipped and possibly the boxes never had the cards or a USPS employee had broken into the packages and stolen the cards. They used the BO board to blame each other, looking like the guy in the states was the good guy and the Army guys in Japan were the bad guys. They bantered back n forth and the BO mods got involved and tried to sort it out, yet the BO public at large decided to chime in as well with their $0.02.

All in all, it was USPS insurance fraud, they used BO to trade stuff around and perpetuate the situation.

Here is where the dumb criminal questions come in: Why get on BO and bash one another. Why didnt they just keep quiet, make their PayPal & USPS claims, let the system process it and chances are, they'd come out with the $8,333.33 for each that they was looking for? <---- run on question!

Now my head hurts again, DOH!

Fordman

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
We have a lot of intelligent people here but sometimes even intelligent people do dumb things. Here is a moderator breakdown of the occurrence.

Let me clear a few things up:

haiku - not involved

doddski - scammer

shawnt & kalakus - no evidence anywhere that they are anything besides victims. They stopped posting because the mod team recommended it as nothing good would come from it.

kroy11 - Told me he text & spoke with doddski on the phone often, but didn't even know his real name. Similar to haiku (and the only way haiku is involved), he was befriended by a con artist and then was used as a screen to protect the scammer.

Mikegioseffi - making a bad situation worse by trying to make it personally about himself. Step away from the keyboard.

Scruffmcgruff24 - had a deal with a Robert Snyder in TX some years ago where the person ran some group breaks and then never shipped. Either a crazy coincidence or the same guy now in SC.

Tesla - the only person who may (or may not) have two accounts that I will never ban. In every post he has made the last couple years, I have never seen him wrong yet.

What was lost, stolen, or scammed?

1. kalakus & shawnt traded off the forum in an approximately $20k deal. This can be avoided by always using a middleman on any high value deal.

2. Idol was able to refuse his "package" from doddski and has already contacted his credit card and paypal. We will never know what was in the package, but we can assume. Nothing was lost here once his money is returned.

3. clbcowboys was alerted by Idol and was able to get his package returned. It definitely looks like he was being scammed as well.

Lessons to be learned:

1. iTrader means jack. It is a tool, but not a shield.

2. USE A MIDDLEMAN!

3. People will put haiku in anything.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Alert ******* This just posted as well.

From what I understand Doddski aka Sebastian aka Robert Snyder wanted clbcowboys to meet him in NY this weekend. Apparently he's doing a show in Rochester, NY so if you are going to a Rochester Card show this weekend and see him make sure you don't get scammed or buy stolen goods!! The stolen goods are still property of the individual(s) who were taken advantage of.

Rob1.jpg

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Looks like she was involved in eating a hell of a lot of cake

Rob3.jpg

Classic. :lol:

I want to advise members that the linked thread has been updated by a moderator with a lot of aliases and different operating locations, such as TX, SC, and NY. We are talking about thousands of dollars in cards, maybe even into the tens of thousands. Shops, dealers and shows beware.

EricTownsend88

Jun 13, 2014
unless I am missing something it seems as though the two guys in Japan are the one doing the scamming? I am only on page 8 so far lol but they have been outed pretty good unless something comes up in the thread later on

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
unless I am missing something it seems as though the two guys in Japan are the one doing the scamming? I am only on page 8 so far lol but they have been outed pretty good unless something comes up in the thread later on

The OP was updated by a moderator. Avoid it if you can and enjoy the ride. It is just starting to get good for you.

EricTownsend88

Jun 13, 2014
I just finished reading through it all..WOW!!! Crazy thread. The two guys from Japan story still dosen't add up. Now I wanna know more about the Haiku person everybody talked about. Good find

Members online

Latest posts