Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PWCC on Ebay, schiller or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That's basically how I think of it. I may have the snipe set to a max, but if someone who has no intent of buying the card is there just driving the price up, it pisses me off.

Problem is, there are collectors who do that all the time. Hell, one time a guy selling the same card I was bidding on, bid me up because he had his at a high BIN. And I've seen guys who pay a certain amount for a card bid certain cards up to maintain their investment. The way I see it, if you use eBay, one way or another, you'll run into this. Worrying about it won't help you. Even if you see a legit seller selling his own card with no shilling from him, it doesn't necessarily protect you. You just fork over what you are willing to and you either win or you don't. It's an game you can't win.

Cubskid27

Jan 24, 2014
It should really be set up blind. You submit your max offer and seller accepts or declines. Eliminate the nonsense. Starting price or but it now price. Everything else is blind. eBay is an auction house. We wanna pay least seller wants the most.

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
I will be very certain when I say Probstein has some shill bidding going on as well..... There are tons of big sellers who do it regularly but why would eBay say anything, they get all their fees so screw it

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I will be very certain when I say Probstein has some shill bidding going on as well..... There are tons of big sellers who do it regularly but why would eBay say anything, they get all their fees so screw it

I've worked with Probstein123 and while I don't can't say whether some of the people who consign with him are bidding on their own items, I know that on my items nothing of the sort happened and in a bunch of cases I got prices a lot higher than I expected. (In some cases they were lower than expected as well but overall better than I likely would have done on my own.) Some of the biggest sellers get far more exposure on eBay than the average seller and that definitely helps the prices they end up with.

Members online

Latest posts