Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gomez Has Been DFAed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Whoa!! I have crazy respect for Jeff Luhnow actually admitting what a horrible failure Gomez turned out to be.

What are your thoughts?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
On the surface this seems shocking but I can honestly say that if you had told me last year this would be the outcome I think I would have said "yeah, that's totally something that could happen to Go-go". He's been brutal. Like, feeling sympathy brutal. I would further be surprised by neither "he never plays in the bigs again" nor "he's an All-Star in 2018". Loveable. Insanely frustrating. Fun. Maddeningly streaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The Brewers would probably take him back. He is a mental player. He has talked to no end about how much he loved his time in Milwaukee and how much the owed the club for the repeated chances they gave him until he finally turned in that 8+ WAR season.

He could turn it right around again with a change of scenery.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The Brewers would probably take him back. He is a mental player. He has talked to no end about how much he loved his time in Milwaukee and how much the owed the club for the repeated chances they gave him until he finally turned in that 8+ WAR season.

He could turn it right around again with a change of scenery.

And given the humbling I could see him being more than ok accepting a minor league deal and accepting the role of 4th outfielder. If he loves it here enough and the price is right, then sell some tickets and lose Flores :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts