Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what is the house advantage of a new hobby box on average?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy2

Jan 7, 2013
like when you buy a scratch off ticket it pays back about 55 cents for every dollar. do you think breaking boxes have a higher roi or less? depends on the box of course but whats average do you think?

im talkin you open a box and sell every card on ebay how much money do you get

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's an interesting question. I've always wondered how those guys do when they buy 50 cases, open thousands of packs, sort them, and sell every card in singles, lots and sets.

A few of those big-time breakers are on this board, so hopefully some answer.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'd say a low or middle tier typical box (like the ones I bust) might return about 45 cents per dollar spent on the box if you were to rip and assumed to have sold everything. I know the odds aren't good but it's fun for me to rip boxes on sets I want to make (instead of just buy complete) and having some autos or relics in the box is a "surprise" since you can't predict which ones are in the box.

On the premium end on a single box basis, I'd have to think that return is lower - I"m thinking how many Immaculate or National Treasures or Five Star boxes i've seen busted while watching youtube clips and most cards can be purchased on ebay for a small fraction of the box price.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
demotivation.us_THE-QUICKEST-WAY-TO-DOUBLE-YOUR-MONEY-is-to-fold-it-in-half-and-put-it-back-in-your-pocket_137471270899.jpg

Latest posts