Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Fees On The Rise Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I always try to target $100+ items because I can get my total fees under 10% so this change will really hurt. Considering how many buyers and sellers I recognize on ebay from here and BO for prospect items, I think there are more realistic options for selling. The only bargains in this hobby are single cards and shipping. We all love the convenience of ebay and are paying more and more for it as a result. Whether or not the fees continue to increase is up to us as ebay users. Sure, it's a great option for selling many items and getting the most for our money, I just don't think we need to pay as much as we do for everything we want to sell.

[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] Would creating an FCB store where we can import our ebay items into be a realistic option? The item costs and fees could be less than ebay, make you some money, and help prospectors [because so many of them are already here and on ebay] and eventually collectors save money.

Ive tried

I cant make it work with what I have

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Higher fees aside, I like the fact that ebay is finally doing something about NPBs by reducing the time to open a case to 2 days, as well as allowing items to remain for sale even if someone hits buy it now and does not pay right away.

Well I'm glad you like it but I don't! This means I'm going to start hitting a hell of a lot less BIN's. It sucks because if I see a card on a Tuesday and it's a card I'm afraid might not be there Friday when I get paid, I'll hit it. This kills that option for me on rarer stuff.

And two days to file a NPB is not too cool either. Hopefully most sellers will be reasonable about it.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Well I'm glad you like it but I don't! This means I'm going to start hitting a hell of a lot less BIN's. It sucks because if I see a card on a Tuesday and it's a card I'm afraid might not be there Friday when I get paid, I'll hit it. This kills that option for me on rarer stuff.

And two days to file a NPB is not too cool either. Hopefully most sellers will be reasonable about it.

Yes, but there is no agreement with the selller to extend you credit.

Its just like going to a store, it aint yours till you pay for it.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Looks like the fee changes are having an impact on higher volume sellers:
[MENTION=4588]brentandbecca[/MENTION] eBay changes look to be the end of brentandbecca. Lol. Can't afford the extra $14k estimated new fees I would have.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Looks like the fee changes are having an impact on higher volume sellers:
[MENTION=4588]brentandbecca[/MENTION] eBay changes look to be the end of brentandbecca. Lol. Can't afford the extra $14k estimated new fees I would have.

He always talks about how much he does off ebay

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yes, but there is no agreement with the selller to extend you credit.

Its just like going to a store, it aint yours till you pay for it.

With that attitude, I'd have to watch every single auction I'm bidding on and pay immediately too. I mean, that's what you're implying. There is a reason I like ebay. I set a budget and once it runs out, it's gone. But ebay allows me to buy something a few days before payday and wait a little while before it absolutely has to be paid for. I try not to make it too long but it depends on when the auction ends or how rare the card is I'm hitting a BIN for. I've never not paid for an ebay item so it's not like they won't get the money. I guess what I am trying to say is I want to give sellers my business but at the same time, I hoping they are willing to work with me and aren't sitting on the computer all day just waiting for me to pay. I figure it's kind of a win win for everyone. I'll buy your item so you can consider it sold and just give me a little time to pay. Works out for both of us. If ebay goes the route of other sites where you must pay instantly or the item might be gone, then what's my incentive to even search ebay for stuff until payday? And if I do that, I might be missing out on good deals. Which doesn't make me thrilled about using ebay.

And btw, if I buy something at a store, I walk out with it. Ebay, nor any other website offers that. They can't because it isn't possible. Ebay can't and shouldn't be compared to a store and it really can't be compared with a lot of other online sites. And that's why I like it. It offers you the best selection and flexibility with payment. I realize there are a lot of people who push it too far and there are a lot of npb's but I don't personally like being penalized for that.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Remember guys... 2 day for the NPB to be filed... I'm sure you have another 2-4 days to actually pay for it.

No, I mean the BIN's that may be pulled out from underneath you if not paid for right away. I know sellers want their money as quick as possible and I definitely want to get them their money as quick as possible too. But with this setup, you could potentially hit a BIN, be going to hit a few more from the same seller(I do it all the time) and then go to pay and find out one or more has just been hijacked by another buyer. Or be waiting a day or so to pay and log in to find out the item's gone. This could get pretty damn irritating.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
As for the 2 day NPB claim, I think what makes that crazy is you have people ending auctions on a monday or a tuesday. That's why I tell my friends who sell on ebay to end their auctions on Friday or close to it if they want the money quickly. Why? Because a lot of people get paid on Friday.

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
The High Desert, California
With that attitude, I'd have to watch every single auction I'm bidding on and pay immediately too. I mean, that's what you're implying. There is a reason I like ebay. I set a budget and once it runs out, it's gone. But ebay allows me to buy something a few days before payday and wait a little while before it absolutely has to be paid for. I try not to make it too long but it depends on when the auction ends or how rare the card is I'm hitting a BIN for. I've never not paid for an ebay item so it's not like they won't get the money. I guess what I am trying to say is I want to give sellers my business but at the same time, I hoping they are willing to work with me and aren't sitting on the computer all day just waiting for me to pay. I figure it's kind of a win win for everyone. I'll buy your item so you can consider it sold and just give me a little time to pay. Works out for both of us. If ebay goes the route of other sites where you must pay instantly or the item might be gone, then what's my incentive to even search ebay for stuff until payday? And if I do that, I might be missing out on good deals. Which doesn't make me thrilled about using ebay.

Just because it can be opened then doesn't mean it will. And you can always contact the seller before hand to set up a timeline.

I state in all of my auctions when payment is due. If that timeline comes and goes without contact from the buyer I open a case. A lot of other sellers do as well.

You're looking at the change the wrong way. Ebay is finally doing something that will help seller's (even if it isn't nearly as much as it should be).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
No, I mean the BIN's that may be pulled out from underneath you if not paid for right away. I know sellers want their money as quick as possible and I definitely want to get them their money as quick as possible too. But with this setup, you could potentially hit a BIN, be going to hit a few more from the same seller(I do it all the time) and then go to pay and find out one or more has just been hijacked by another buyer. Or be waiting a day or so to pay and log in to find out the item's gone. This could get pretty damn irritating.

You may just have to add a credit card to you PayPal. Use the card and pay that off on payday.

Sent from a app

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
So with this new fee structure,

a $1000 item FVF is now $100 instead of $62.50
or is there still a tiered FVF? or is that gone?

The big item sellers will not be happy with that if its gone...

Now you will see even more off ebay deals on larger priced items with BIN/BO

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Wow, talk about a stretch. Is there a contractual reason someone cant compete with Ebay?

Are you addressing the people who simply won't buy Topps simply because they're a monopoly and monopolies "aren't healthy"? Are they contractually obligated not to buy Topps?

Gotta know the issues.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Are you addressing the people who simply won't buy Topps simply because they're a monopoly and monopolies "aren't healthy"? Are they contractually obligated not to buy Topps?

Gotta know the issues.

No, have to not deflect when you make a silly comparison that doesnt make sense.

You cant compare choice and contractual monopolies.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I borrowed a Friend some Money today, had her sign up with Paypal was nice not being charged no fees, seem like a service that that is gonna be doomed soon too

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
As for the 2 day NPB claim, I think what makes that crazy is you have people ending auctions on a monday or a tuesday. That's why I tell my friends who sell on ebay to end their auctions on Friday or close to it if they want the money quickly. Why? Because a lot of people get paid on Friday.

This is exactly why I like the new setup of BIN being still available until payment and 2 day NPB claims. Nothing against you personally, but you are the type of eBay buyer I cannot stand. If you can't afford to pay for an item do not bid or hit my BIN.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
This is exactly why I like the new setup of BIN being still available until payment and 2 day NPB claims. Nothing against you personally, but you are the type of eBay buyer I cannot stand. If you can't afford to pay for an item do not bid or hit my BIN.

Put payment due immediately in your auction and I'll either pay right away or just steer clear. Being an impatient seller will cost you in the long run though. Say I see you want immediate payment. I may steer clear and someone else hits the thing a few minutes later and pays right then. Great. But how about I steer clear and forget about your BIN because immediate payment is required and nobody else hits your BIN. Now you're out money you could have been guaranteed had you been able to wait a couple of days. To each their own. I just think all these npb's have a lot of sellers so on edge. I feel that if ebay gives me time to pay, then I'll use that to my advantage. But I always pay.

Members online

Latest posts