Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name the player most likely to have big price spike during the post season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Who are you betting on to have a big October?

I'm going with Adrian Gonzalez

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Shane Victorino. He was VERY popular in Philly with the fans and his gambling style could translate well nationally and cause a spike.

A couple of big HRs for Pedro Alvarez would help his stuff, which I don't think has moved much the last coupla years.

And hopefully, both Jarod Parker and Grant Balfour have deep runs for Oakland and let the nation see them as good as they've been most of the Season...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Somebody young and exciting who can dominate a game like Andrew McCutchen.
Or a lights out pitcher like Clayton Kershaw can become a World Series legend.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

Along with Kershaw, I have to doubt there is much room to spike since they both already command pretty good prices.

I think I'd have to agree with whoever said McCutchen - not sure he's had much hobby love until this year so a great playoff run by the Pirates sparked by Cutch should really ramp up prices of his early desired cards.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Somebody young and exciting who can dominate a game like Andrew McCutchen.
Or a lights out pitcher like Clayton Kershaw can become a World Series legend.

Agree on both. Both fit pretty much every criteria I've learned to really spike in price if they do well (although its a longer post than I can type on my phone as far as what the criteria are...)

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Josh Donaldson for the A's he has a cheap BC and TC autos and the A's look extremely tough right now. If the Rangers can find a way into the playoffs the A's are not a team I want them to play.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Anyone else think Cano cards (depending on what happens in free agency) could see a rise in value?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
A change of scenery could be good for his prices.

...and if he stays and its a long term deal, maybe his place in pinstripes gives his cards a spike as well? He would be the centerpiece for the future would he not?

Members online