Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Harvey, Now Wheeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Torn UCL. TJ for him. :mad:

Might be Noah's time now, on the flipside.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Can the entire sport take a year off every decade or so so pitchers can all have TJ surgery, players can purge whatever PEDs they're on, and we just come back fresh and ready?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Why are some Mets fans such a delusional bunch? Frozenntimelogic on BO:

"My thoughts now are can we get Pederson, Seager, Urias and Verdugo for Harvey, because if we can, we should do it."

So not only does he think the Mets playoff chances were riding on the arm of Wheeler but now he thinks since they will not make the playoffs they should trade Harvery and could get this in return.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

"My thoughts now are can we get Pederson, Seager, Urias and Verdugo for Harvey, because if we can, we should do it."

So not only does he think the Mets playoff chances were riding on the arm of Wheeler but now he thinks since they will not make the playoffs they should trade Harvery and could get this in return.

Dang, smoking that good stuff

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It's becoming increasingly clear that even a very standard pitching motion used in baseball leads to very, very serious injuries in far more cases than it should. In the last 2-3 years in particular I may be wrong but I think there's been a big spike in the # of TJ surgeries. Is there some "shortcut" maybe that these kids are taught that could give more speed/action on pitches? Not sure if anyone knows that level of detail but it's getting to be an epidemic.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

Pederson, Seager, Urias, and Verdugo for Harvey?? Jesus. Thats the kind of package that you give up for Stanton or Trout, not Harvey.

WaxPax

Torn UCL. TJ for him. :mad:

Might be Noah's time now, on the flipside.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Fortunately the Mets have depth at SP, albeit unproven. Gee will most likely be put back into the rotation as he was a 6th started slated for the bullpen. There are many who think Matz, not Syndergaard will be called up first...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
It's becoming increasingly clear that even a very standard pitching motion used in baseball leads to very, very serious injuries in far more cases than it should. In the last 2-3 years in particular I may be wrong but I think there's been a big spike in the # of TJ surgeries. Is there some "shortcut" maybe that these kids are taught that could give more speed/action on pitches? Not sure if anyone knows that level of detail but it's getting to be an epidemic.

I've heard that it might be due to kids throwing a variety of pitches at younger and younger ages. By the time they are 16 they have 2x,*** (example) pitches on their arm and they wear down. I've also heard that up until the 60s or 70s that a lot of pitchers weren't pitchers until they were in the minor leagues and someone in the front office noticed they had a live arm or something that made them stand out. So by the time they are pitching in the pros they only have 2,*** pitches on their arm.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I read that there is some thought that raising the mound would take some of the strain off there arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
I read that there is some thought that raising the mound would take some of the strain off there arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

that actually makes sense, there seemed to be less injuries when the mounds were higher.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
that actually makes sense, there seemed to be less injuries when the mounds were higher.

Guys, unfortunately this isn't the case. You are actually putting MORE stress on your arm and your body by pitching on a mound. I used to know the percentage, but it is something like 500% of your body weight worth of pressure is put on your arm by pitching off a mound. I will see if I can find the exact number....

Members online

Latest posts