Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Upper Deck Yankee Classics - Silver parallel. Does it Exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I know the Bronze parallel #'d to 99 and Gold parallel #'d to 30 do but I have never seen the Silver.
Beckett OPG lists the Silver parallel with a print run of 250 distributed in retail packs.

Anyone ever see/own one?

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Here is a checklist from Upper Deck (Make sure to click on Print Checklist): Upper Deck Sports | Collector's Zone Card Set Home

I've found that the manufacturer checklists are not always correct. That obviously would apply to any checklist from another site that's built from the manufacturer CL, as well. Upper Deck in particular has a lot of CLs that were put out before the product was released/changed and they never updated the CLs to reflect those changes.

As it's relevant to this thread, the Upper Deck CL for 2008 Masterpieces baseball claims have a red 1/1 parallel, but it's now been 5 years since the release of this product and I have yet to lay eyes on a red 1/1 (nor has anyone else that I've asked). I guess it's possible that UD printed the red 1/1's and just never inserted them into packs, in which case some lucky employee or collector may have come into possession of a completed red set and will one day decide to sell, but until a single card shows up, I can only assume UD never made these and simply forgot to update the CL.

To answer the OPs question, I too have never seen one of these before. On a print run of 250 for a product that's not quite 10 years old, it's awfully strange that there are none to be found on eBay, COMC, or a number of other auction sites at the moment. I'm not an expert on this set, but I wouldn't be surprised if this one never got made.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
If these aren't serial #'ed, and just given a stated PR of 250, they may be nearly indistinguishable from the base cards. Look at 2008 UD Piece Of XXXX...I mean History. The base cards are silver, but there's a Silver parallel that is a different shade of silver that only looks different side by side.

Iamjoecollector

Oct 18, 2009
Salem, OR
Upper Deck did make a 1/1 parallel set for 2008 Masterpieces baseball...They aren't red however, they look more like the 2008 Masterpieces football Metallic /50. I have seen a few (very few) sell on ebay. I have never pulled one myself and cannot confirm that they actually come out of packs because they show up so rarely.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Upper Deck did make a 1/1 parallel set for 2008 Masterpieces baseball...They aren't red however, they look more like the 2008 Masterpieces football Metallic /50. I have seen a few (very few) sell on ebay. I have never pulled one myself and cannot confirm that they actually come out of packs because they show up so rarely.

Roger that. Thanks for the info. If you have actually seen one with you're own eyes then I guess there's no disputing that. I'd bet they are not pack inserts though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I would tend to agree with you but I would like some official validation that it indeed doesn't exist.

Being a PC guy, a completest to boot, I NEED that validation.
Damn OCD.......

I think you have your answer..................

There ain't any

Latest posts