Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
got this in the other day
0317141632_zpsqoeklzb4.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I'm not sure if anybody here would know the answer to this, but what is a normal price to pay for the special All-Star balls every year? I know that the Twins will be using them this year, and I'm wanting to pick up a few for the FanFest and wanted to know what is the usual price to pay. I know that you can get them much cheaper when buying by the dozen, but I likely will not be doing that. Most likely just buying a couple here and there and hope to have maybe 5-10 come July.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I'm not sure if anybody here would know the answer to this, but what is a normal price to pay for the special All-Star balls every year? I know that the Twins will be using them this year, and I'm wanting to pick up a few for the FanFest and wanted to know what is the usual price to pay. I know that you can get them much cheaper when buying by the dozen, but I likely will not be doing that. Most likely just buying a couple here and there and hope to have maybe 5-10 come July.

Maybe we could pool togerher on the thread and buy a case. Everybody takes 2 or 3, it would cut down on the cost per ball. Usually AS balls are 20-25 ea. Same for HR Derby & Future Balls--if bought individually.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Maybe we could pool togerher on the thread and buy a case. Everybody takes 2 or 3, it would cut down on the cost per ball. Usually AS balls are 20-25 ea. Same for HR Derby & Future Balls--if bought individually.

I would be interested in something like this if we could get enough people. They have them for sale at the Twins Pro Shop's for $30, but I was just hired at the Roseville shop and can use an employee discount and get them for around $19. Figured if I can't find them any cheaper than that I would pick a couple up here and there so I can have some ready for FanFest.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Quite a few Twins moves from the past couple days.

Vance Worley cleared waivers, later traded to Pittsburgh for cash
Scott Diamond cleared waivers, has to make decision on AAA assignment or FA
Chris Parmelee cleared waivers, accepted assignment to AAA
Alex Presley claimed off waivers by Houston

Basically those moves mean that Kubel, Bartlett, and Colabello have all made the team. After adding Kubel and Bartlett to the 40-man roster we'll still have 2 spots open, will be interesting to see if we try and grab someone off another roster.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Matt Guerrier was released and resigned also I hope he makes the club

Last edited:

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I would be interested in something like this if we could get enough people. They have them for sale at the Twins Pro Shop's for $30, but I was just hired at the Roseville shop and can use an employee discount and get them for around $19. Figured if I can't find them any cheaper than that I would pick a couple up here and there so I can have some ready for FanFest.

AndersonKPT.com has the 2014 All-Star balls for $15 per. They also sell by the dozen but need to call for pricing. Note that the 2013 balls are $15 per and $13.75 when buying a dozen. I have bought from them before and was satisfied.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Here are some of my pickups from the past couple weeks. The Thome was a TTM return from White Sox Spring Training!

JimThome2011ToppsAllenampGinterTTMAuto_zps7116e1d8.jpg
2012ToppsTributeBlueRefractord138-199_zps275fe470.jpg
2012ToppsTributeBronzeRefractord109-299_zps081a9d3c.jpg
HarmonKillebrew2012ToppsTributeBlueRefractord069-199_zps7b3f2fea.jpg
GlenPerkins2013ToppsUpdatePinkd40-50_zps5cbd248a.jpg

2013BowmanChromeDraftProspectsAuto2_zps6c2135e5.jpg
2013BowmanSterlingProspects_zps7fd7d329.jpg
2010BowmanPlatinumProspectsThickd096-999_zpsab27c11b.jpg
StephenGonsalves2013BowmanChromeDraftProspectsRefractor_zps142643e7.jpg
2013BowmanChromeProspectsMiniBlueRefractord07-99_zps388f30b0.jpg

And for a non-Twins Denard Span pickup, got this in for a whopping $8 DLVD :)

2013ToppsGypsyQueenCyanPrintingPlated1-1_zps14feac7e.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Heck, I might as well post my Twins TTM autos here. I had my second favorite return ever yesterday (1st goes to Slash in my avatar.) I also had a nice little surprise from [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION] that I completely forgot that I was getting, so thanks Greg!

MolitorPaul_zpsb5a69874.jpg
WorleyVance_zps3d33d75b.jpg
GaettiGary_zps993949a8.jpg

If you guys couldn't guess, the Worley is my second favorite return :rolleyes: Of course the honor goes to Molitor. Knocks a big one off of the need list for Twins signed Allen and Ginter cards

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Well I officially have my All-Star week tickets! Will most likely sell the HR Derby seats and just go to the events on Sunday and the game on Tuesday. Was able to get prime HR Derby seats as well, Section 329 Row 3.

Members online

Latest posts