Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awesome cards guys

Whats the difference between these?

1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractor #MI8 Vladimir Guerrero/Craig Biggio/Donnie Sadler/Chuck Knoblauch
1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractor Inverted #MI8 Vladimir Guerrero/Craig Biggio/Donnie Sadler/Chuck Knoblauch

Last edited:

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Awesome cards guys

Whats the difference between these?

1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractor #MI8 Vladimir Guerrero/Craig Biggio/Donnie Sadler/Chuck Knoblauch
1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractor Inverted #MI8 Vladimir Guerrero/Craig Biggio/Donnie Sadler/Chuck Knoblauch

The Rookies have the large photo on the inverted cards.

Regular
base1.jpg

Inverted
1997BowmansBestInverted.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I disagree with that. When you list an entire run of either a set or player collection you usually get top dollar. Plus these where all $200-$400 cards. Did you see when he listed 12 Jordan's that all got 5k? Timing of the auctions is the most important. I know when I sold some mid level Griffey I got the highest prices ever and I was listing like 50 at a time. Cut above got $550, thunderclap GM got $250 ect. You have to be the first before the copycats come out trying to ride the sales if cards that aren't rarely seen.

Ah...not sure if I agree with either. Even the most deep pocketed folks run out of money at times. I know that Bagwell sales are all over the board recently due to things being listed way too close together. That's why you'll see a low numbered rare card go for a fortune, and then the next few are way lower. Especially around Christmas time. It really is better to space things out. The red crusades are a little different because they are so popular but let's not pretend a set collector was scooping these up by the handful unless they were truly super rich or they picked up all the scrubs. Too many board members got their guy and were not set collecting.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Electric Diamond Gold and Diamond Edition. The Diamond Edition looks much better in person.

ED Golds are a pain in the ass. I just stumbled across a Piazza in a lot I picked up, but can't find 90% of my PC players. I think there's another Alan Trammell collector here who's never seen a copy of the Trammell.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Yeah I've heard that about the ED golds. I'm fortunate to have a Ripken as well. Retail pack inserts in the mid 90s always tend to be tough and under appreciated.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Man these really pop in hand.

Image_zps59e8c5d7.jpg
Kevin, nice card. I saw that card start at .99 after having a big BIN. The O'neill still has a BIN. I made an offer a while back and got countered but its hard for me to pull the trigger when I own the real 1/1.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Kevin, nice card. I saw that card start at .99 after having a big BIN. The O'neill still has a BIN. I made an offer a while back and got countered but its hard for me to pull the trigger when I own the real 1/1.

Thanks kevin he probally will put it to auction also. I bid was turned down got it for 10 more than i bid. Be cool to have both

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
So, whats the deal with the Ultimate Victory Parallels? Theres a 1/1, a ***/100, and a non numbered? Did i see that correctly?

1999%20Ultimate%20Victory%20Parallel%20100%2049%20074%20of%20100.jpg
1/1
/100
We assume the non numbered is a replacement card or a backdoor item. I am not sure why PSA graded these and why they labeled them parallels.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man these really pop in hand.

Image_zps59e8c5d7.jpg

Very nice I see the Belle up. Just odd to me that they have so many with no serial number.

Then to hear a member has the actual 1/1, so then I'm like WTF. This is either an error, proof or fake. All of which suck IMHO considering it is a 1/1 card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts