Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

☆☆☆☆☆ Happy Hump Day Morning Thread 1-29 ☆☆☆☆☆

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Morning all. Today is Curmudgeons Day. I have to admit, I kind of feel like one myself. Lots of sXXt happening at work - and 7 inches of snow last night means the kids will be home for 2 days at least.

Here is today's scan from the mail day...I chose this lot for today not because they are great cards but because of how they came. These were redemptions from my big mail day. I entered them in on Topps (about 2 weeks ago) and they arrived yesterday! Now, understand that these are only about half of the total redemptions, and the lower value ones at that. But the turn around was pretty impressive and I figured I would share this lot today.

Refractor and 2 base
Eaton Chrome Autos.jpg

Black and Sepia
Eaton Chrome Autos (2).jpg

Refractor and 2 base
Cingrani Chrome Autos.jpg

2 base
Machado chrome autos.jpeg

Base
Meadows BDPP Chrome Auto.jpeg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Good Morning!

Hope all are doing well.

Got some 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks and Prospects singles in the mail yesterday to help me get closer to assembling that set. What a flashback with some of the names! I remember the boards on Beckett chattering it up about so many of them that just fell flat - Clint Everts topping the chart! Some other nice names like Dontrelle Willis and Casey Kotchman, both of which I believe touched cash values of $20 each at one point.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Good morning all! Thin sheet of ice on everything here. Tyndall AFB closed so no work for me today. It's the first time it's been closed for something other than a hurricane evacuation in more than a decade.:eek:

Yesterday they posted a "CLOSED" sign on the south facing side of the Mason Dixon Line.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Morning all. 10 years ago today, I became a dad. Boy, did that change everything! Happy birthday to my son Connor. Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza birthday party tonight - yum!

$_57.JPG

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning.

35f52ab0-01af-404a-bd5c-26134f66687b_zps6063bf15.jpg

scan0034.jpg

:( Good luck

Thanks

Good morning all.

For those who didn't read last night (which could've been most of y'all), trying to work out a deal for a bunch of JMJ's over on BO, inc. about 13-15 1/1's, inc. a TTT Logoman. Hopefully will get something done on them.

Good luck, hope you get them.

Morning all. Today is Curmudgeons Day. I have to admit, I kind of feel like one myself. Lots of sXXt happening at work - and 7 inches of snow last night means the kids will be home for 2 days at least.

Here is today's scan from the mail day...I chose this lot for today not because they are great cards but because of how they came. These were redemptions from my big mail day. I entered them in on Topps (about 2 weeks ago) and they arrived yesterday! Now, understand that these are only about half of the total redemptions, and the lower value ones at that. But the turn around was pretty impressive and I figured I would share this lot today.

Refractor and 2 base
View attachment 29397

Black and Sepia
View attachment 29398

Refractor and 2 base
View attachment 29394

2 base
View attachment 29395

Base
View attachment 29396

Nice pick ups

Yesterday they posted a "CLOSED" sign on the south facing side of the Mason Dixon Line.

This made me laugh, seems pretty accurate around here lol

Morning all. 10 years ago today, I became a dad. Boy, did that change everything! Happy birthday to my son Connor. Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza birthday party tonight - yum!

$_57.JPG

Happy birthday to your son. My son will turn 10 in two months. Nice card pickup and it is Dawsons number also, not that it matters to a Grace collector lol

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Today feels like Tuesday after missing class on Monday. Its been a week since I was at these 2 classes :lol: I'm hoping to get some spring training TTM requests written up today. [MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION] any suggestions?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Dave - Ice huh? Where's Jesse when ya need him eh? He coulda smoothed the ice for you to get in some figure skating. I only say this because you strike me as having a tremendous amount of grace.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Ok. I asked last night, but I figure I'll ask, again.

Anyone have a Satchel Paige 2005 Sweet Spot GU they are willing to move?

One of my absolute favorite game used cards. Hope you find one Adam.

Looks like they're $50 or so...

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The area of NC I grew up in got a couple inches of snow yesterday and now the whole place is shut down.

People are out making snow angels and you can still see the dirt/clay underneath them.

AAA Carolinas released the following tips for winter driving:*

Increase your following distance 8-10 seconds.* Brake gradually with steady pressure on the brake.X* If you begin to skid, steer in the direction you want to go. Do not slam on brakes because it can cause you to lose control.* Be wary on hills and observe how other vehicles are reacting.* Stay in the most recently cleared lane on snowy, four-lane highways.* Avoid changing lanes because of potential control loss.* Avoid using cruise control and be careful crossing bridges and overpasses.* Accelerate slowly and slow down sooner when approaching an intersection.* Keep your lights on while driving.* Check your battery and, when starting your car in the morning, turn on the electricity first and wait 30 seconds for the battery to warm up before starting.* Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid freezing gas lines.* Thinner grades of oil are better for colder weather, and frequently check tire pressure.* Never use wiper blades to clear ice or frost, and never warm up a car in a closed garage.* Keep an emergency kit in your car that includes a mobile phone, car charger, blankets, flashlights with extra batteries, a first aid kit, drinking water, a small shovel, a sack of sand or kitty litter for traction, a windshield scraper, battery booster cables, emergency reflectors and non-perishable snacks."

Its called DRIVING :lol:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The area of NC I grew up in got a couple inches of snow yesterday and now the whole place is shut down.

People are out making snow angels and you can still see the dirt/clay underneath them.

Increase your following distance 8-10 seconds.* Brake gradually with steady pressure on the brake.X* If you begin to skid, steer in the direction you want to go. Do not slam on brakes because it can cause you to lose control.* Be wary on hills and observe how other vehicles are reacting.* Stay in the most recently cleared lane on snowy, four-lane highways.* Avoid changing lanes because of potential control loss.* Avoid using cruise control and be careful crossing bridges and overpasses.* Accelerate slowly and slow down sooner when approaching an intersection.* Keep your lights on while driving.* Check your battery and, when starting your car in the morning, turn on the electricity first and wait 30 seconds for the battery to warm up before starting.* Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid freezing gas lines.* Thinner grades of oil are better for colder weather, and frequently check tire pressure.* Never use wiper blades to clear ice or frost, and never warm up a car in a closed garage.* Keep an emergency kit in your car that includes a mobile phone, car charger, blankets, flashlights with extra batteries, a first aid kit, drinking water, a small shovel, a sack of sand or kitty litter for traction, a windshield scraper, battery booster cables, emergency reflectors and non-perishable snacks."

I keep an eye on weather at my site in SC, the National Weather Service issued a notice similar to this an encouraged people to check their flashlights, buy food staples, but blanket in car, etc.........I love it.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! I hope it warms up ASAP for all of you guys in the East. Snow should be fun but it sucks when it shuts down everything. Drive safe and keep warm!

A_Pharis

That's how it was here. City is mostly shut down today, too.
You have to understand, though, that when places get snow/ice like this once every 7 years or so - it makes things a bit difficult.
We don't have municipal plowing services. We don't have salt trucks. Hell, I don't even think the hardware places around here sell the bags of salt used for salting driveways. It may not be a big deal to you, and I see a ton of people talking like "Hey, why are you guys complaining," but - while driving in this morning it was pretty difficult to stay straight on bridges still coated with a quarter inch of ice and melting snow still in the lanes.

Most people here also don't have the experience to drive in it, either, as they've only seen snow/ice of any noticeable amount maybe 4 or 5 times in their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts