Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What happens to your collection when your significant other moves in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
Thanks for sharing. My basement is where all of the Yankee memorabilia goes and the library where all of my mattingly items are. My wife has her own room for her stuff with the deal being you keep your stuff in your room and I'll keep my stuff in mine. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Before your girlfriend moved in, she knew you lived with another guy named Andre, right? :rolleyes:

Great collection, well organized and before you know it, the curios and card displays will make a reappearance to display your Dawson glory!

Fordman

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Your Dawson collection is very impressive but how about that pink paint job! Might as well paint the rest of the house to match, even the Dawson man cave. :D

Thank you very much, but I think one pink room in the house is enough lol!

If there's one thing I know about home ownership it's this....

Well keep reading to see what this weekends project is, have to put the Dawson room project on hold for a minute....

Wow, that's pink!

And, hell - I got tired just READING about the work you've done.

Believe me it hasn't been enough yet, I still have a half way renovated kitchen also lol

Thanks for sharing. My basement is where all of the Yankee memorabilia goes and the library where all of my mattingly items are. My wife has her own room for her stuff with the deal being you keep your stuff in your room and I'll keep my stuff in mine. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is pretty cool, we don't have basements down here but that would certainly help me out if we did!

You sir put the andy van slyke guy too shame ;) at the same time wow!

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

I always said I liked the Andy Van Slyke guy lol

Where the H is the Brees room?

Okay, so here is my project for this weekend. My son's birthday is the 26th and I told him for his birthday we would redo his room that weekend. He has been wanting to get it redone for awhile now. Well instead of having him help me do it that weekend, my mom is coming over and we are going to do it this weekend. His room is currently light blue and has a custom Cars race track table and custom loft bed in it. The Cars table and loft bed are coming out and the room is getting painted black and gold. A peg board is going on the wall to house some of his nerf collection and there will be plenty of Brees on the wall also. I will be sure to take pics and post when done.

your WHAT ?!?!

and here i thought you were a loyal , faithful , dedicated one-player collector...i think i may have lost all respect for you now ! :)

lol! I used to set up at card shows in the 90s and early 00s and that is all my stuff left over from those days.

Before your girlfriend moved in, she knew you lived with another guy named Andre, right? :rolleyes:

Fordman

She knew lol. Sometimes I think she thinks it's cute and sometimes I think she thinks I need to be evaluated for mental stability

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
WOW!!!! [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] I figured you had a lot of Andre stuff, but I didn't realize the scope of it, until I saw your awesome pictures! You certainly have A LOT of Andre and other stuff and the way that you have it organized is incredible!

BTW, Your 96 Ultra Thunderclap Gold Medallion is happy in it's new home, nestled between a 96 Ultra HR King Gold Medallion and a 96 Ultra Hitting Machine Gold Medallion. :D

Will take some pictures this weekend.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
WOW

Thats alot of stuff lol

My collection is limited to a metal cabinet...

You have to start somewhere.

WOW!!!! @Hawk8 I figured you had a lot of Andre stuff, but I didn't realize the scope of it, until I saw your awesome pictures! You certainly have A LOT of Andre and other stuff and the way that you have it organized is incredible!

BTW, Your 96 Ultra Thunderclap Gold Medallion is happy in it's new home, nestled between a 96 Ultra HR King Gold Medallion and a 96 Ultra Hitting Machine Gold Medallion. :D

Will take some pictures this weekend.

I'm so glad that the card arrived there safely and found someone that will appreciate it. Would love to see a picture of the three cards.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
After I got married I had a spare bedroom that I set up as a Cardinals memorabilia room. We have moved twice since then, and the majority of the stuff has been sold. I kept the stuff that I liked the most, and stuff that were gifts from other people. The house we've most recently purchased, the stuff I have is in a box in my closet.

To me, a ton of stuff isn't worth having if you can't display it.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I don't have a ton of stuff, but as I see the cards that I couldn't afford 15 years ago and now that I can, I have been a buyer. Probably should've been picking up these cards 5 to 10 years ago, but I can't go back.

Just myself and my wife in a 6 bedroom 4000 sq ft house, with tons of storage.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I don't have a ton of stuff, but as I see the cards that I couldn't afford 15 years ago and now that I can, I have been a buyer. Probably should've been picking up these cards 5 to 10 years ago, but I can't go back.

Just myself and my wife in a 6 bedroom 4000 sq ft house, with tons of storage.

That is a lot of storage and display area!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The one place people never think about is the roof of their garage. You can hang storage racks from there and gain an incredible amount of space.

Likewise, people typically limit themselves to racks they can buy instead of creating or purchasing shelving they mount directly to the wall to use 100% of each wall for storage.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
My lady pokes fun at what I want when we build a house. I want a basement with concrete block walls, no windows, and a metal door with a wheel that turns like a safe. Inside will be my Rickey collection on full display. Safe will house anything not on display that is in boxes. This will be separate from my Ohio State room.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
My lady pokes fun at what I want when we build a house. I want a basement with concrete block walls, no windows, and a metal door with a wheel that turns like a safe. Inside will be my Rickey collection on full display. Safe will house anything not on display that is in boxes. This will be separate from my Ohio State room.

Make sure you have two sump pumps and a battery backup on them.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Don't most wives or girl friends think of us like that ? :razz:

lol!

The one place people never think about is the roof of their garage. You can hang storage racks from there and gain an incredible amount of space.

Likewise, people typically limit themselves to racks they can buy instead of creating or purchasing shelving they mount directly to the wall to use 100% of each wall for storage.

I was planning on building some custom shelves in the near future, but the circumstances demanded something faster

When you live in a 1 bedroom apartment like I do you dont have alot of room lol

That would limit your options

That sounds like a great idea!

I make sure to lock up my collection room. She ain't getting her thieving hands on my collection.

!!!!

Latest posts