Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seriously people - are you that out of touch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
So now when people are busting 2016 topps chrome expecting to maybe hit 1 of the 5 red Correa's. Guess what, there's only 3 now. I have no pony in this race, I only buy singles. But it is F'd up

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
They were doing the same thing with Correa as they did with Chris Bryant. Putting his 2015 cards into 2016 products

I've never seen this communicated from Topps, but I could be wrong. It's more likely that this is what was assumed would happen from the boards, but never happened.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So Topps gave employees cards...what's the big deal?

And on top of that, who says the cards they receive and thus are now their property are not able to be sold if the employee chooses to do so?

I don't understand the big hoopla.

I'm no insider but I highly doubt that Topps gave any employees these, or any other similar, cards. Usually company giveaways are noticeably different from the "base" sets...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The back of those is noticeably different, I haven't seen the backs of the Correas...

But those Bryants, and the UD giveaways, are easy to spot as different.

And sooz is a member here...

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
The back of those is noticeably different, I haven't seen the backs of the Correas...

But those Bryants, and the UD giveaways, are easy to spot as different.

And sooz is a member here...

Point is that they look like regular insertion autos. Unless you look at the backs or have knowledge the average collector wouldn't know the difference.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
So now when people are busting 2016 topps chrome expecting to maybe hit 1 of the 5 red Correa's. Guess what, there's only 3 now. I have no pony in this race, I only buy singles. But it is F'd up

The cards weren't announced at all to my knowledge.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
When they posted the pic of Correa signing his chrome super on instagram, they #'d "what product should this go in." I think most people assumed its gonna be the same as with Bryant. They put his cards in the next years release

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
What's the point of starting a thread here? We have the Blowout Detective Agency on the case. The only opinion I trust more than them is Inspector Gadget

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Not a single comment on the Carlos Correa Topps Chrome Red Refractor auto scandal?!

It's pretty frightening how little many people actually care about the hobby that they are involved in. The "whatever" generation in full affect.

It's not that people on FCB doesn't care about the 'scandal'. FCB users are more focused on actually enjoying the hobby through their PC's, buying secondary market and trading. Just my personal observation, but most FCB users seemed to have taken the dollar first aspect out their collecting.

This whole 'scandal' reminds me of when my 5yr old doesn't get the toy he wanted in his happy meal.

Fordman

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It's not that people on FCB doesn't care about the 'scandal'. FCB users are more focused on actually enjoying the hobby through their PC's, buying secondary market and trading. Just my personal observation, but most FCB users seemed to have taken the dollar first aspect out their collecting.

This whole 'scandal' reminds me of when my 5yr old doesn't get the toy he wanted in his happy meal.

Fordman

Well stated, and I agree completely

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
It's pretty frightening how little many people actually care about the hobby that they are involved in. The "whatever" generation in full affect.

scandals and problems have been going on in the sports card field as long as I can remember. it is just old news. How is it going to help getting all upset about something we cant control. Why not just sit back collect what makes you happy and enjoy life though baseball cards and not worry about the crap out there.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010

Fordman

I second or third this. I read about it on blowout but just decided I didn't care lol, lump me in the "whatever" generation. It sucks that stuff goes out the back door but it just doesn't really affect what I like to collect or how I'm going to collect in the future. Honestly I'm more concerned that someone tried to send me a PSA slab in a PWE today (yes this really happened). What is the world coming to?

WaxPax

Don't forget about the 1/1 Masterpiece cards that are also backdoored. Lot's of 1/1's have become more like 1/2's or worse. Still cool in my eyes and I want the Will Clark's if they ever surface, but backdoored 1/1 cards are also out there and desired by many, including me.

We all know there is no such thing as multiple backdoored 1/1's......

jaso%20red%20border%20rc_zpss9pit62k.jpg

Last edited:

Members online