Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, does Jeter go First Ballot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
He'll be first ballot for sure.

The only question is if he is the first to go UNAMINOUS, with 100% of the vote.

Rivera might do it right before him...

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
He'll be first ballot for sure.

The only question is if he is the first to go UNAMINOUS, with 100% of the vote.

Rivera might do it right before him...

I don't think anyone will be unanimous because the voters think they are making a point by not having a player go in with 100% of the vote. It's ridiculous.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Bonds,Mcguire,Sosa and Palmeiro to start

LOL! Guess what all of them have in common?

Not picking on you and I'm not a HUGE Jeter fan but it's a done deal he is a first ballot guy. I thought this was going to be a discussion not about him being a first ballot but him being the first 100% votes on first ballot.

LOL! Guess what all of them have in common?

Not picking on you and I'm not a HUGE Jeter fan but it's a done deal he is a first ballot guy. I thought this was going to be a discussion not about him being a first ballot but him being the first 100% votes on first ballot.

I am going by stats. I am pretty sure 100% of players in the last 20 years have used some sort of enhancement substance. Guys like Griffey, Jeter and Chipper do not get passes from me just because of their "image".

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am going by stats. I am pretty sure 100% of players in the last 20 years have used some sort of enhancement substance. Guys like Griffey, Jeter and Chipper do not get passes from me just because of their "image".

So you believe (1) Jeter took something and (2) nobody deserves first ballot into the HOF?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
So you believe (1) Jeter took something and (2) nobody deserves first ballot into the HOF?

I'm not the person you are replying to a quote to, but 1) I think it's possible Jeter took something for quicker recovery from everyday soreness since I don't recall him spending much time on the DL in the years steriod use was suspected in baseball and 2) my feelings on first ballot is to reserve it for a player who was the best at his position among the peers he played with and Jeter doesn't fit that description to me so I would have to vote him in on the second year ballot if I were a voter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts