Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seriously people - are you that out of touch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Shake it up is all that we know
Using the bodies up as we go
I'm waking up to fantasy
The shades all around aren't the colors we used to see
Broken ice still melts in the sun
And times that are broken can often be one again
We're soul alone
And soul really matters to me
Take a look around

You're out of touch
I'm out of time
But I'm out of my head when you're not around

You're out of touch
I'm out of time (time)
But I'm out of my head when you're not around

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Reaching out for something to hold
Looking for a love where the climate is cold
Manic moves and drowsy dreams
Or living in the middle between the two extremes
Smoking guns hot to the touch
Would cool down if we didn't use them so much, yeah
We're soul alone
And soul really matters to me
Too

Great! That wont leave my head for day...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
So really "scandal" just means an employee was selling unreleased cards that don't belong to him?

Eh...Doesn't sound earth shattering to me. How do you think a lot of the cards we chase got into the public? Employees selling cards they weren't supposed to.

Name 5 unreleased cards that the hobby in general is chasing.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
So Topps gave employees cards...what's the big deal?

And on top of that, who says the cards they receive and thus are now their property are not able to be sold if the employee chooses to do so?

I don't understand the big hoopla.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Name 5 unreleased cards that the hobby in general is chasing.

Here are 5 sets that immediately come to mind as a baseball collector, and this is only from the 90's

1. '98 Donruss Crusade Samples and Executive Promos - Green, Purple, and Red versions
  2. '98 Pinnacle Bankruptcy sets, specifically:
    1. '98 Select base, inserts, and parallels
    2. '98 Pinnacle Certified base, subsets, and parallels
  3. Studio Executive Promos, specifically:
    1. '96 Hit Parade
    2. '97 Masterstrokes
    3. '97 Hard Hats
  4. '90 Donruss Aqueous Test
  5. '96 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos
Oh, and any card [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] makes!

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
How would u like to buy a box hoping to pull the Correa red refractor auto #/5, but 2 have already been backdoored out?? It's not fair/right to people busting wax hoping to get that card. That's why its a big deal

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I dont bust wax, maybe some packs from Andrew once in a while. 100 percent of my PC cards come from the secondary market. Does Topps suck sure they do. Is it unfair
yes it is.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
How would u like to buy a box hoping to pull the Correa red refractor auto #/5, but 2 have already been backdoored out?? It's not fair/right to people busting wax hoping to get that card. That's why its a big deal

I think we need to get facts straight. People read too much into things. When 2015 Topps was released the checklist was clear that Correa did not have autos in it. So if Topps got him to sign a few for employees, and those were not communicated to be included, what's the big deal. Anyone even expecting to hit a Correa base auto in 2015 Topps chrome was simply misguided in the first place.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Don't forget about the 1/1 Masterpiece cards that are also backdoored. Lot's of 1/1's have become more like 1/2's or worse. Still cool in my eyes and I want the Will Clark's if they ever surface, but backdoored 1/1 cards are also out there and desired by many, including me.

Here are 5 sets that immediately come to mind as a baseball collector, and this is only from the 90's

1. '98 Donruss Crusade Samples and Executive Promos - Green, Purple, and Red versions
  2. '98 Pinnacle Bankruptcy sets, specifically:
    1. '98 Select base, inserts, and parallels
    2. '98 Pinnacle Certified base, subsets, and parallels
  3. Studio Executive Promos, specifically:
    1. '96 Hit Parade
    2. '97 Masterstrokes
    3. '97 Hard Hats
  4. '90 Donruss Aqueous Test
  5. '96 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos
Oh, and any card @mouschi makes!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Don't forget about the 1/1 Masterpiece cards that are also backdoored. Lot's of 1/1's have become more like 1/2's or worse. Still cool in my eyes and I want the Will Clark's if they ever surface, but backdoored 1/1 cards are also out there and desired by many, including me.

Great point, Nolan. '98 Sports Illustrated, '98 Topps Gold Label, '99 Ultimate Victory, '98 Ultra, '98 Flair Legacy....what other sets am I forgetting? And I agree - some of these ostensible 1/1s have unreleased/backdoor copies that I believe many collectors would pursue (of their PC guy/for their set) or are currently pursuing.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I think we need to get facts straight. People read too much into things. When 2015 Topps was released the checklist was clear that Correa did not have autos in it. So if Topps got him to sign a few for employees, and those were not communicated to be included, what's the big deal. Anyone even expecting to hit a Correa base auto in 2015 Topps chrome was simply misguided in the first place.

They were doing the same thing with Correa as they did with Chris Bryant. Putting his 2015 cards into 2016 products

Members online

Latest posts