Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 2 - Autos # 90 - 115 - Congratulations Metallicalex777

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Pedroia. On card auto, nice background design, and I like that there isn't a designated space for the autograph - this allows the design of the card and the auto to mix nicely and not be interrupted by a designated rectangle for the auto. The Ethier has too much blank grey space and hurts the design.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here we go with bracket 4 -

attachment.php

For this one we have a Greenberg HOF Cut auto
attachment.php

And a Will "the thrill" inscription
attachment.php

[MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] tell us about your cards!

Attachments

• Zan 90-115 sized.jpg
    Zan 90-115 sized.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 58
  • RStadlerASU22 - 90-115 front sized.jpg
    RStadlerASU22 - 90-115 front sized.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 59

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Clark. I enjoy the overall card design - specifically with the hints of holographic foil used for the name & brand, the big picture of Will, and that the white auto space blends nicely with the background. Also like the serial number of the card being on the back, rather than the front so it doesn't take away from the design.

The Greenberg is a cut auto, which I dislike more than sticker autos.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I like both cards. Tough call on both.

I like the Greenburgh for design and sepia vintage feel. Not sure why they used a color logo on the front and put hand numbering on it. Hand numbering looks ok on the back but not on the front. Cut auto's don't bother me but the auto on a lined index card just isn't getting it for me.

I also like the Clark card. Decent design but they could have put the Notable Nickname logo in a different spot. I like the on card signature, easy to read. The designers shouldn't have made the signature window to rectangular, looks like a 'place sticker here' should be in small letters there. Decent action as it looks like The Thrill just made a single and rounded first and is looking at the play.

My vote is for the Will 'The Thrill' Clark card.

Fordman

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I chose this card for several reasons. 2002 SP Legendary Cuts was the cut auto set that catapulted many other cut auto sets and made them relevant. Any card from this set is highly sought after, and area arguably the most rare for a given player. This set not only delivered icons like Ruth, Wagner, Cobb and Gehrig, but also delivered in quantity. As you can see this Greenberg is numbered to 94, which is rather high for any cut auto, as these days they are more likely numbered to only 5 or 1.

The design of the card is also beautifully done, and the auto fits entirely into the window. Brown ink is also quite rare, often times Greenberg signed in red ink.

It's one of my favorite cut auto cards that I own of him because of it's significance to the cut auto history that our hobby is telling.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'm voting Greenberg. Cut auto the way they should be done, with a nice large player photo.

The Clark card I'm not thrilled about the background, or the way the Notable Nicknames logo looks like it's censoring Will's thrill drill.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I chose the Will as it is his earliest "The Thrill" signed card. I also really enjoyed his time on the Cardinals. It's a nice on card look, though I wish the back spoke about the Cards vs the Giants.

With that said, regardless if it mine or not, I vote for the Will. The Greenberg signed on the lined side kills it for me.

Ryan

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm going with the Greenberg, for the reason's Brad described.

I love the Thrill auto, but, to me, again, personally, not seeing him in his Giants uni, even though he was still playing and with the Cards, just doesn't feel right.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Wow! If we assume that the guys voted for their own card, I count this as a tie. I will keep the voting open for 24 more hours!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Greenberg cut is so well done. I do like the Clark card for sure but it's hard to vote against a cut done that well

Hank Greenberg for me. Honestly tho I have yet to see a card this bracket I don't like!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Greenberg gets my vote. A very well done cut that I wish was the standard to this day and he has such a beautiful signature too. I REALLY like the Will Clark with the inscription, this was actually a tough decision for me to make on these two.

Members online

Latest posts