Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Teams worst trades since 2000.....what just eats at you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Definitely trading adrian Gonzalez. If was our 1B in 2010-2011 I'm confident we would have ended up with at least 1 WS win. Davis wasn't too bad although he started raking once in Baltimore. He couldn't do a thing with us, and Koji helped get us back to the WS

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Angels trade skaggs/corbin/saunders for haren. The trade trumbo to get one of them back.
Angels traded segura for greinke.
Angels draft and not sign posey and harvey.

Did the Angels really draft Posey and Harvey? I've never heard that before....

The others you mentioned are definitely painful. The Segura/Greinke trade is especially painful now that Aybar is looking like very subpar.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
It's hard to tell how this trade will work out, but the recent David Freese/Peter Bourjos trade really grinds my gears. Even for a team with a plethora of great outfielders I think it's bad mojo to move someone like Bourjos. Talk about underrated....

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Richie Sexson is definitely up there for the worst. Trading Carlos Gonzalez and 5 other people for Haren would have been fine, had the D-backs won anything and Webb's shoulder not crapped out. I'd sure love to have CarGo hitting behind Goldschmidt.

The Skaggs/Corbin trade was nice for us, until Corbin lost his elbow and we decided to hand Skaggs back to the Angels (though Trumbo's been solid this season). Didn't like losing Eaton in this deal either. Also shipping David Holmberg just to rid ourselves of the Heath Bell contract. we could really use the pitching depth now.

Another runner up, Max Scherzer for Ian Kennedy/Edwin Jackson. Was a pretty good deal for a while, until Kennedy flamed out. Scherzer ain't no hack these days.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Angels trade skaggs/corbin/saunders for haren. The trade trumbo to get one of them back.
Angels traded segura for greinke.
Angels draft and not sign posey and harvey.

Well, lets play fair, Buster Posey was a 50th round draft pick, both sides knew he wouldn't sign. The only reason you take him there is that you then have a leg up to build a relationship with the kid in hopes you might grab him 3 years later. Harvey truly is one that go away, as a 3rd rounder, they truly thought they could get him singed.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Johan Santana for Carlos Gomez, Phil Humbar, Deolis Guerra, and Kevin Mulvey

Gomez is a superstar now, but he sucked for the Twins who traded him for JJ Hardy(who turned around and sent him to the Orioles where he became a power hitting SS.) What makes it really hurt is that they could have got Jon Lester as the jewel of a package.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
The Santana trade was pretty bad as a Twins fan, but it could have been worse had Santana not gotten injured so quickly. There are 3 recent trades that come to mind.

Carlos Gomez for J.J. Hardy - Only kept Hardy for 1 year, and Gomez has developed in Milwaukee
J.J. Hardy for Jim Hoey - Hardy battled injuries in his 1 season with the Twins, then gave up on him because of the Nishioka signing ::facepalm::

Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps - Ramos has had a difficult time staying healthy, but when he plays he is a good offensive catcher, Capps was horrendous with the Twins

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Garza for delmon young and company still eats at me

Young was traded by Tampa Bay to Minnesota on Wednesday night as part of a six-player deal that sent right-hander Matt Garza to the Rays.

In a swap of promising youngsters that's been discussed for weeks, the Twins also gave up starting shortstop Jason Bartlett and minor league pitcher Eduardo Morlan while acquiring shortstop Brendan Harris and minor league outfielder Jason Pridie.
Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Well, lets play fair, Buster Posey was a 50th round draft pick, both sides knew he wouldn't sign. The only reason you take him there is that you then have a leg up to build a relationship with the kid in hopes you might grab him 3 years later. Harvey truly is one that go away, as a 3rd rounder, they truly thought they could get him singed.

Yeah, if we're playing that game then Exhibit A is Gerritt Cole leading the Yankees on until the deadline then going to college.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Astros trading Ben Zobrist and Mitch Talbot to the Rays for Aubrey Huff. Zobrist turn to two-time All-Star for the Rays.

Chris Johnson to Diamondbacks for Marc Krauss and Bobby Borchering. That's the Astros during Ed Wade years

Last edited:

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
Good luck signing a guy (who is signed to play at FSU) after being drafted in the 50th round.

Members online

Latest posts