Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 Leaf Statistical Standout Puckett Question - Missing Foil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skigquick

Sep 7, 2023
Omaha, NE
I came across a couple of these cards recently and was wondering if anyone had more information on them? I have one that is properly printed and one with an imprint of where the font should be, but the foil in the font is absent. I saw some threads from the past on here saying it could be a promo card, but those generally have a clipped corner as I understand. This one was pulled from a pack and is just missing the foil on it. Both cards are serial numbered as well as the obverses appear to both be the same (aside from the number of course). Any insight would be helpful!

20230913_074015.jpg

20230913_074043.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Looks like just a production mistake that happens once in a while with foil cards, where the machine tries to stamp the foil on there but it has run out of foil. It looks neat with this one. Value on these types of mistake cards can be all over the place...some people would consider it an extremely flawed card, some people think it's cool and would pay extra, some people will try to hype it up as an ultra rare and valuable variation (OMG EBAY 1/1!!!!!!11111). For somebody like Puckett with a lot of hardcore collectors I'd suspect it's worth more than the regular card, but it's not like a 1996 Mirror Gold or anything.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Cool now and probably more interesting than one of the other 5000 copies, but with such a great set as the Stat Standouts, I would have felt ripped off if I pulled that at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts