Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Jesus Montero Playoff Contenders Auto/ 39 ~ Stolen..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
The card that sold was mine. I have had to sell off pretty much all of my Montero's recently. Something more important than cards has come up where I can use the money. I started collecting Montero before a lot of the posters on here did. I know jcmint was big on him from the beginning, but I bought over 45 redemptions and loaded up on more after release. So I was on the hype train well before most. At one point I have over 100 chrome autos.

I do not think the card was stolen, sure I could have gotten more a few months back, but that is the market value for the card. You can get the card and run it at auction and see if you get more. You probably won't.

I do not believe Montero has a future with the Yankees, Russell Martin is a better all round player than him. Where will Montero play? DH? 1B? Nope...he will be traded. I hate to admit it but, he will not be a Yankee in a few weeks. The Yankees need another big time starter and Montero will be the main chip. That card is not as rare as people are making it sound. There are either 5-6 9.5's graded. At one point it was the only one.

Enjoy the card and if it is a steal, how about you pay for it now rather than brag about your "steal."

Hey, hope everything is all-right. I have to tip my cap to a very impressive investment, and even more if in a few weeks Montero is no longer a Yankee, as you'd have played it almost as well as anyone could. As you mention though, there are many more important uses for the money.

And to the OP, if he won the card. Best of luck, hopefully it pays off for you.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Topnotchsy said:
jdacunha said:
The card that sold was mine. I have had to sell off pretty much all of my Montero's recently. Something more important than cards has come up where I can use the money. I started collecting Montero before a lot of the posters on here did. I know jcmint was big on him from the beginning, but I bought over 45 redemptions and loaded up on more after release. So I was on the hype train well before most. At one point I have over 100 chrome autos.

I do not think the card was stolen, sure I could have gotten more a few months back, but that is the market value for the card. You can get the card and run it at auction and see if you get more. You probably won't.

I do not believe Montero has a future with the Yankees, Russell Martin is a better all round player than him. Where will Montero play? DH? 1B? Nope...he will be traded. I hate to admit it but, he will not be a Yankee in a few weeks. The Yankees need another big time starter and Montero will be the main chip. That card is not as rare as people are making it sound. There are either 5-6 9.5's graded. At one point it was the only one.

Enjoy the card and if it is a steal, how about you pay for it now rather than brag about your "steal."

Hey, hope everything is all-right. I have to tip my cap to a very impressive investment, and even more if in a few weeks Montero is no longer a Yankee, as you'd have played it almost as well as anyone could. As you mention though, there are many more important uses for the money.

And to the OP, if he won the card. Best of luck, hopefully it pays off for you.

Everything is ok, nothing bad going on...just need the funds for something more important. I made a good ROI on all of my Montero's so I am happy. If he does make it to the Bronx and tears it up then I'll be a happy Yankees fan.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
jdacunha said:

I really think you need to slow your roll Jason. I didn't post this thread because I was bragging about a $500 card. I thought it was a good price at $500 now because a few weeks when I was trying to work something out with YOU, you wouldn't move from $900. Yes I am the person who also bought your Montero game used batting gloves for 208.00 in March. The contenders Montero auction just ended last night so please don't come on here and try to paint me as a buyer who isn't paying for an item he won. Maybe you need to go back and read this thread again. The discussion was about Montero's prices dropping so much, not about the person who sold the card!!!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
5toolplayer said:
I really think you need to slow your roll Jason. I didn't post this thread because I was bragging about a $500 card. I thought it was a good price at $500 now because a few weeks when I was trying to work something out with YOU, you wouldn't move from $900. Yes I am the person who also bought your Montero game used batting gloves for 208.00 in March. The contenders Montero auction just ended last night so please don't come on here and try to paint me as a buyer who isn't paying for an item he won. Maybe you need to go back and read this thread again. The discussion was about Montero's prices dropping so much, not about the person who sold the card!!!

Don't think he meant to attack you in his post, I just think the initial post rubbed people the wrong way, especially since the seller is a member here.

Congrats on the pick-up, hopefully it pays off nicely.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
5toolplayer said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Contenders-Jesus-Montero-Auto-SP-39-BGS-9-5-/110679977160?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19c50a6cc8#ht_500wt_1156

Wow! I've been pricing these BGS 9.5/10 at $900-$1200 the last few months and one ends on ebay for 520.00?? Damn what a steal! Why the drop in his prices when he's hitting the ball great in Scranton??

How could this post rub anyone the wrong way? Asking why the drop in his prices when he's been hitting good in AAA? Taking a little shot about me bragging about this card is :lol: Auction ended last night and he's making comments about me needing to pay for this card? Come on man!

Shipping Address:
Scott Jackson
RSO/DSS/TC
APO, AE 09348
United States
Confirmed

Payment To:
J.C. (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Seller's ID:
dacunhja213
Seller's Email:
xxxxxx@

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$523.78 USD -

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *DACUNHJA".

Need help? If you have problems with an eBay transaction or want help settling a dispute with an eBay seller, go to the eBay Resolution Center. PayPal and eBay strongly recommend that you attempt to resolve issues directly with the seller whenever possible.

Description:
Jason Cunha

Note:
Hello. Please send the card out to my confirmed MILITARY APO address and I will post feedback when it arrives. Please do the same. Thanks so much.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
The two greatest sins on FCB it seems is selling too soon and holding too long. You called out the seller for dumping too soon and implied that he was leaving money on the table.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
All I am saying is that IMO I got this card at a very good price. FOR ME IT WAS A GOOD PRICE. MAYBE NOT TO 99.9999% OF THE OTHER COLLECTORS OUT THERE. Not everyone thinks the same way I do or more people would have bid on the auction. Card is paid for and I'll be happy to add it to my Montero collection in Aug when I get home and when Jesus is hitting them into the right field seats at yankee stadium!

IMG_2068.jpg

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I truly hope this shakes out the non believers.

He will hit in the bigs. That is my belief.

And as to JDAchuna's point about hoarding Montero earlier than most...... He was, jcmint and gilmore too. As far back as 2006 though? .I'm claiming the title of "least able to be unbiased and make good financial decisions due to length of time invested :)

Picture017.jpg

Members online

Latest posts