Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Sterling Box Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kidmikey

Oct 30, 2010
Noticed that all the major card dealers (Blowout, D&A, Atlanta, etc...) are asking for $285 - $300 per box. Yet, I'm winning boxes on eBay for under $250 (+ add eBay bucks/Ebates) and I'm getting boxes dlvd at $240 or less.

I don't ever remember such a big discrepancy between eBay and Online Dealers. Usually, it is the other way around (eBay higher w/shipping). Any thoughts?

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I bought a box for $200 on ebay right near release. I waited a week and finally asked for tracking and was told "I still haven't gotten this from my distributor yet". So I reply saying "If your ''distributor'' is mama_bear, refund me immediately". Within a few minutes I received a refund.

An ebay seller that pre-sold 24+ boxes of bowman sterling,

So...

They pre-sold 24 boxes of a presold, dropshipped, short selling order. Not a good combination. You might save a few bucks, but its a pain in the ass for the most part.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
Kidmikey said:
Noticed that all the major card dealers (Blowout, D&A, Atlanta, etc...) are asking for $285 - $300 per box. Yet, I'm winning boxes on eBay for under $250 (+ add eBay bucks/Ebates) and I'm getting boxes dlvd at $240 or less.

I don't ever remember such a big discrepancy between eBay and Online Dealers. Usually, it is the other way around (eBay higher w/shipping). Any thoughts?

Here's another reason why I generally stay away from single boxes on eBay. Who's to say the guy that sold you that box of Sterling for less than $250 didn't open up the other three boxes from that case an pull the case hit? Why would he open that 4th (or 8th) box if he knew the odds of getting anything remotely close to what has already been pulled are very low? He just puts it on eBay at a reduced price, and not only scores big with his case hit, but recoups $250 of his case cost.

No, I'm not saying this is the case for you. Just stating why I will not be buying single boxes on eBay because you just do not know.

Kidmikey

Oct 30, 2010
All good points. And TRUST me, I spend A LOT of money on the very reputable Big SAFE dealers. I just wanted a couple of boxes of Bowman Sterling and saw the big price differences ($50 per box). I couldn't pass up. I'm awaiting arrival, hopefully it goes smoothly AND a get some big hits.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
indianajdp said:
Kidmikey said:

Here's another reason why I generally stay away from single boxes on eBay. Who's to say the guy that sold you that box of Sterling for less than $250 didn't open up the other three boxes from that case an pull the case hit? Why would he open that 4th (or 8th) box if he knew the odds of getting anything remotely close to what has already been pulled are very low? He just puts it on eBay at a reduced price, and not only scores big with his case hit, but recoups $250 of his case cost.
This is the exact reason I will not buy boxes on ebay.

No, I'm not saying this is the case for you. Just stating why I will not be buying single boxes on eBay because you just do not know.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Do some research and you can find some reputable EBay sellers...I just bought a box of Sterling on EBay after doing my own research and pulled a Strasburg auto, Heyward auto and Chapman auto press plate from my box. Paid under $240. Believe it or not there are still some honorable sellers out there.

Members online

Latest posts