Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps football a recycled design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Here is the 2002 Topps Post Baseball set...

2002.jpg

and here is the 2010 Topps Football set...

2010.jpg

The primary difference in the football set is the secondary shadow that wraps around the card is gone. The player name uses a different font and player position was moved to lower left. I hope this card designer was paid minimum wage because that is all his effort would be worth.

Very original!

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
I'm not all that surprised. Just about everything is recycled in one way or another. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I think Topps is the cheapest type of card Topps makes now. You would want to blow the one good idea a design team has in a year* on regular old Topps right?

*I'm giving WAY more credit than they deserve. In reality, it should be one good idea each decade.

bigdaddyblue73

Sep 2, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Yep lots of similarity there. I like this years Topps set. They look nice and I like the insert themes. Plus it's fun to get the Gridiron Giveaway cards, and even though I haven't scored anything great, it's fun to put the code in and see what ya got.

Members online

Latest posts