Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 USA Baseball Tournament of Stars rosters announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
2010 USA Baseball Tournament of Stars rosters

At the end of June the 2010 USA Baseball Tournament of Stars begins in Cary NC. This is the tournament where the 18U USA National team is parred down from. Looking through the various rosters there are a lot of former USA players and even some 2010 draft picks like AJ Vanegas. Players like Vanegas are thought of by most as tough signers away from college and this gives them a great chance to either increase the bonus possibility or simply summer international ball before college ball starts up.

Personally, I'm looking forward to high school teammates Phil Pfeifer and Nick Delmonico face off against each other. Both of them were the two dominant stars in their league...Pfeifer as the pitching ace and Delmonico with the bat.

Other names of interest, Gavin Cecchini (2010 draftee Garin's younger brother), former USA baller and probable first-rounder for 2011 - Christian Lopes.

Most of these players are from the 2011 class, with some being 2010, and others being 2012.

Some former stars in this tourney...Delmon Young, Donovan Tate, Justin Upton, Scott Kazmir, Rick Ankiel, Chad Billingsley, Joe Mauer, etc...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
These aren't the rosters from which the 2010 Topps Chrome USA autos will be chosen from, are they?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
These aren't the rosters from which the 2010 Topps Chrome USA autos will be chosen from, are they?
I thought those were going to be the collegiate team, though I could be mistaken.

Either way, the 18U team won't be chosen until the second week of July, similar to the time frame of the finalization of the collegiate.

The team photos (like those on the 2010 Bowman Chrome USA cards) will be shot during this time, so if Topps can hurry, perhaps they will have the 2010 teams in 2010 products. That would be cool.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
If I am correct, the USA 18u team is comming to Midway Stadium in a couple weeks for the USA Baseball Showcase, so I can't wait for this years rosters (for ALL teams) to be announced. I know Team Canada will be there as well as a few local "all-star" high school players, and some Aisan country will be there too.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Interesting, several notable name missing: Bundy, D. Williams, A. Bradley, Norris, and D. Smith. TOS is like any other showcase in that it will always omit/miss a couple of big name prepsters, but I am a bit shocked that so many high-profile pitchers are missing here.
I'll be there for 3 days of the tournament - should be an interesting year leading up to what should be an excellent '11 Draft.
PG National this week down in Tampa as well!

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Personally, I'm looking forward to high school teammates Phil Pfeifer and Nick Delmonico face off against each other. Both of them were the two dominant stars in their league...Pfeifer as the pitching ace and Delmonico with the bat.
Same. Their school is a few minutes from me and it's always neat to see local kids do well.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am actually going to be at Midway tomorrow for a Saints game.

I don't hardly know anything about USA baseball besides they have a TON of GREAT MLBers come out of there. Being an autograph nut, I am drooling over this oppurtunity

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Hallsgator said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Same. Their school is a few minutes from me and it's always neat to see local kids do well.
They've been doing well enough their three years at Farragut. Pfeifer alone is something like 43-2 the past three seasons, and they have won three consecutive state championships helped with his arm...even as a starter his freshman year. Plus, Delmonico has provided the constant punch with the bat as well.

I'm sure they'll get a kick out of the at-bats where they face each other.

I'll be at most of the games I'm sure.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They still have Christian Lopes at Valencia high...

he moved down to Edison high

wow Edison has 3 players in this USA team

Christian Lopes INF/RHP R-R 6-0 185 10/1/1992 Valencia
Henry Owens LHP L/L 6-5 185 7/21/1992 Edison
Eric Snyder OF L/R 5-11 165 7/6/1992 Edison

Members online

Latest posts