Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Ginter Code: Let's Get Started.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I've got a feeling that you guys are really going to have to hustle to get it solved because other people are probably getting close.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
GoldenBuckeyes said:
I've got a feeling that you guys are really going to have to hustle to get it solved because other people are probably getting close.

Hehe. I don't know if anyone's actually come out and said "I'm working on the code" But I have gotten something like 500 unique visitors from FCB in the last 2 or 3 days, so i'm assuming *someone* is cracking the code.

It's been what? a full week since release?

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
pigskincardboard said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

Hehe. I don't know if anyone's actually come out and said "I'm working on the code" But I have gotten something like 500 unique visitors from FCB in the last 2 or 3 days, so i'm assuming *someone* is cracking the code.

How about this for a start?

Screenshot2011-07-20at72724PM.png

EXTREMELY complicated to browse through scans though; what would help is a definite repository with ALL cipher cards. At this point we are not even sure that we have them all, are we?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
poppudaimadochi said:
pigskincardboard said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

How about this for a start?

Screenshot2011-07-20at72724PM.png

EXTREMELY complicated to browse through scans though; what would help is a definite repository with ALL cipher cards. At this point we are not even sure that we have them all, are we?

Well, I mean you can make all the cipher cards right? Just repeat the image on all for quadrants.

The only problem is the lack of backs, obviously.

If more people want the actual cipher cards rather than player cards, I'll do that tonight.

There's gotta be 36. I find it hard to believe otherwise.

G

I'm thinking it's going to be cracked well before you guys get some real progress putting together the puzzle.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just placed two more: Adam Lind and Dan Haren go side-by-side on top of Hughes and Beckham. Another way of starting this would be to start with the Votto, that only has one corner, or the Brandon Phillips that has THREE (??) corners...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
GoldenBuckeyes said:
I'm thinking it's going to be cracked well before you guys get some real progress putting together the puzzle.

Are you just going to point out every 6 hours or so that you don't think someone here will complete it?

I'm not sure why you feel the need to chyme in just to be a pessimistic dick.

I understand that you believe and you think, but I put together a rather decent library so some cockbag could crack the code, get a free FCB shirt, and get their ass on a card.

G

pigskincardboard said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

Are you just going to point out every 6 hours or so that you don't think someone here will complete it?

I understand that you believe and you think, but I put together a rather decent library so some cockbag could crack the code, get a free FCB shirt, and get their ass on a card.
I'm just saying, that if it's been out this long and some people may have all the scans a while ago, that there might not be enough progress to catch up to where people could be.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
GoldenBuckeyes said:
pigskincardboard said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

I'm just saying, that if it's been out this long and some people may have all the scans a while ago, that there might not be enough progress to catch up to where people could be.

If you could say it one more time, I think that would probably get the message through.

G

pigskincardboard said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:
pigskincardboard said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

If you could say it one more time, I think that would probably get the message through.
I will in 6 hours ;)

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I'm very good at puzzles and riddles, but I just don't have the time to do this. Here's what I've pulled so far. The Omar Infante I have will complete that right edge by attaching it to the Carlos Beltran black code card in poppudaimadochi's scan. Hope this helps yall out. Also, the Halman and Nishioka gold code cards can be placed side by side.

5962776806_1fe7e98359_b.jpg

5962222261_55ffa1709c_b.jpg

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks a lot for your scans, I had been looking for the Weeks for a couple of days now. What puzzles me the most is the Brandon Phillips: there is only one reported top left black corner card, and that's the Wade Davis, but it does not match any symbols on the Phillips. Which seems to be impossible because the Phillips looks like the end of the paragraph, missing the bottom right corner (bottom left corner being the final character); there would therefore be no place to put the Davis anywhere...

Hope that makes sense somehow!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
poppudaimadochi said:
Thanks a lot for your scans, I had been looking for the Weeks for a couple of days now. What puzzles me the most is the Brandon Phillips: there is only one reported top left black corner card, and that's the Wade Davis, but it does not match any symbols on the Phillips. Which seems to be impossible because the Phillips looks like the end of the paragraph, missing the bottom right corner (bottom left corner being the final character); there would therefore be no place to put the Davis anywhere...

Hope that makes sense somehow!

Need Edwin Jackson, Jay Bruce or Neil Walker?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Place the black Brignac on top of the Beltran. The bottom 2 black symbols of the Brignac match with the top 2 symbols of the Beltran.

edit: Also, the Xavier Nady black code card matches with the Alfonso Soriano black code card. Place the Nady below the Soriano.

A_Pharis

I wish Gilmore would make you guys a private forum for all of this. I'm glad you are sharing and all, but I can guarantee you that there are people out there stealing all the work you guys are putting in... maybe even past winners looking for a little aid in finding scans. *cough cough*

All it would take would be Gilmore making a visible forum that can only be entered by permitted users (much like the Beta testing forum). That way you guys could all be REALLY open, and Gilmore could possibly assign one Mod to permitting new users access.

hiroler

Oct 26, 2010
funny to see my auction photos on that site ;) still have them, the petty, etc. This is too much like work.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
matchpenalty said:
Seems real quiet on code front. No news I've seen of it broken yet.

Had it not been solved? I don't know why I was under the impression that it was cracked, but I stopped updating.

This is what generally happens though. Everyone shares until the information is out there, and then it's very quiet.

If this thing is still live, I'll toss up an update after rooting through ebay, but I'd like to get some kind of confirmation that it good to go.

Members online

Latest posts