Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Leaf Executive Collection hitting ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I have been waiting for the first 2011 Leaf Exec. Coll. cuts to start hitting ebay and currently there are two listed with one that recently ended:

Current:
Ichiro 1/1 - [ebay:1y0sj6jy] 180648841124[/ebay:1y0sj6jy]
Bobby Orr 1/1 - [ebay:1y0sj6jy] 250799183590[/ebay:1y0sj6jy]

Completed:
Johnny Unitas 1/1 - [ebay:1y0sj6jy] 180644764852[/ebay:1y0sj6jy]

All cards so far have been the 1/1 version, the first submitted of each player. Information regarding the release/answers/questions can be found in Leaf's initial FCB post and their website: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121562
http://www.leaftradingcards.com/executive_cuts.php

I submitted two, Mantle and DiMaggio, and am very anxious to see the results.

Anyone else submit or thinking of submitting? If you have submitted, have you gotten them in hand yet?

Casey

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
The Ichiro and Unitas belong to a board member. There was a multi page thread a week or two ago about those two, and he was getting bashed for cutting up the Ichiro photo.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Junior Griffey said:
The Ichiro and Unitas belong to a board member. There was a multi page thread a week or two ago about those two, and he was getting bashed for cutting up the Ichiro photo.
Thanks for the info, must have missed the thread.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
That was me getting bashed. I'm pretty pleased with the Unitas sale and so far it's looking like the Ichiro that I got railed for is going to be very good. 10 bids and 24 watchers in the first 4 hours of the listing.

We will see...I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I think you'll do pretty well with the Ichiro. I'm one of the watchers. I liked the photo but the auto itself looks really nice. If I collected cuts I'd be all over it.

kbob119 said:
That was me getting bashed. I'm pretty pleased with the Unitas sale and so far it's looking like the Ichiro that I got railed for is going to be very good. 10 bids and 24 watchers in the first 4 hours of the listing.

We will see...I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I have a few that I'm expecting any day now.

As for the "And no mention of it being a Custom Cut." comment, while I don't think of it as a negative, if it's not a clear selling point, why put it in there? Plus, it's not a true custom job anyways. Sure, you submit a signature to Leaf, but they are using "stock" designs and slabbing.

Of course, if you want to view not putting "custom" in the description, I certainly hope your public honesty follows suit in all of your auctions.

I can just imagine prospectors dumping cards of injured players with the following, "Just released from the Red Sox, Johnny Thinstick is hoping to catch on with another club." Or how about, "This 30-year-old top prospect dominated the Appalachian League last year, slugging 10 home runs against mostly 18 year olds."

A prospect you have no faith in, and looking to dump? "You are bidding on a lot of 2010 Larry Noglove Bowman Chrome autographs. I thought he was going to be a great prospect, but it turns out that his .200 average, zero home runs and 16 errors and 30 games has caused me to think he'll be a complete bust."

Glen Coffee rookie autograph for sale? Don't forget the following, "Looking to rebound after a slow 2010 season, Coffee is looking to increase the size of his church following. Now is a great time to pick up a true rookie autograph of this young religious superstar before he blows up in the televangelist scene!"

Find a steal at the card shop? "I recently found this card in the dollar bin at the local card shop. The missing link freak show of a card shop owner ended up just giving it to me for free. What an idiot! NOTE: Any best offer under $50 will be automatically turned down."

I loves me some honesty.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
I do think the ichiro pic was nicer then the cut, but in this game it is whatever makes the most $$.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I appreciate your points below, but one doesn't get dinged in feedback or chargebacks because a player is doing poorly. However, selling a card like this and not mentioning it's a custom cut is slightly questionable, and certainly a novice ebayer can drop a negative/chargeback due to their own lack of intelligence regarding the product.

200lbhockeyplayer said:

As for the "And no mention of it being a Custom Cut." comment, while I don't think of it as a negative, if it's not a clear selling point, why put it in there? Plus, it's not a true custom job anyways. Sure, you submit a signature to Leaf, but they are using "stock" designs and slabbing.

Of course, if you want to view not putting "custom" in the description, I certainly hope your public honesty follows suit in all of your auctions.

I can just imagine prospectors dumping cards of injured players with the following, "Just released from the Red Sox, Johnny Thinstick is hoping to catch on with another club." Or how about, "This 30-year-old top prospect dominated the Appalachian League last year, slugging 10 home runs against mostly 18 year olds."

A prospect you have no faith in, and looking to dump? "You are bidding on a lot of 2010 Larry Noglove Bowman Chrome autographs. I thought he was going to be a great prospect, but it turns out that his .200 average, zero home runs and 16 errors and 30 games has caused me to think he'll be a complete bust."

Glen Coffee rookie autograph for sale? Don't forget the following, "Looking to rebound after a slow 2010 season, Coffee is looking to increase the size of his church following. Now is a great time to pick up a true rookie autograph of this young religious superstar before he blows up in the televangelist scene!"

Find a steal at the card shop? "I recently found this card in the dollar bin at the local card shop. The missing link freak show of a card shop owner ended up just giving it to me for free. What an idiot! NOTE: Any best offer under $50 will be automatically turned down."

I loves me some honesty.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
I appreciate your points below, but one doesn't get dinged in feedback or chargebacks because a player is doing poorly. However, selling a card like this and not mentioning it's a custom cut is slightly questionable, and certainly a novice ebayer can drop a negative/chargeback due to their own lack of intelligence regarding the product.
I am at the opposite side here, because really, I don't consider these "customs" in the same light that others view "customs." I'm obviously biased here because I do a lot of custom cuts, and this product looks no different than the standard slabbed Leaf/Razor cuts.

Should we expect to see the five winners of the Leaf Ali cuts due to the confusion over 150/200 autographs list those as "custom"? I certainly wouldn't think so, yet they are the exact same and fall within the "2011 Leaf Executive Collection."

For my Dick Porter Leaf Executive Collection Masterpiece 1/1, I don't consider it a custom, but also don't consider it pack-pulled. Either way, to me there is no stigma with this product...others view it differently.

If I list any of mine, I won't put "custom" in the description...and I don't think I'm doing a disservice to anyone.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
People do chargebacks all the time when a player was hot and now isn't after they already bought cards. People will find a reason and a way to do a chargeback if they want "their" money back.

Jeff N. said:

200lbhockeyplayer said:

I loves me some honesty.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
caseya10781 said:
I have been waiting for the first 2011 Leaf Exec. Coll. cuts to start hitting ebay and currently there are two listed with one that recently ended:

Current:
Ichiro 1/1 - [ebay:3lm6z2bg] 180648841124[/ebay:3lm6z2bg]
Bobby Orr 1/1 - [ebay:3lm6z2bg] 250799183590[/ebay:3lm6z2bg]

Completed:
Johnny Unitas 1/1 - [ebay:3lm6z2bg] 180644764852[/ebay:3lm6z2bg]

All cards so far have been the 1/1 version, the first submitted of each player. Information regarding the release/answers/questions can be found in Leaf's initial FCB post and their website: http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... 2&t=121562

Anyone else submit or thinking of submitting? If you have submitted, have you gotten them in hand yet?

Casey
The Ichiro is over $500!!! FIVE HUNDRED!!! I would guess they might not have read the back about being a custom.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Krom said:
caseya10781 said:

Current:
Ichiro 1/1 - [ebay:1t7p8kla] 180648841124[/ebay:1t7p8kla]
Bobby Orr 1/1 - [ebay:1t7p8kla] 250799183590[/ebay:1t7p8kla]

Completed:
Johnny Unitas 1/1 - [ebay:1t7p8kla] 180644764852[/ebay:1t7p8kla]

All cards so far have been the 1/1 version, the first submitted of each player. Information regarding the release/answers/questions can be found in Leaf's initial FCB post and their website: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121562

Casey
The Ichiro is over $500!!! FIVE HUNDRED!!! I would guess they might not have read the back about being a custom.

The picture of the back is a tad small... so the wording is tough to read... and no mention of Custom in the description could lead to issues later.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
P_Manning 18 said:
Krom said:
caseya10781 said:

Current:
Ichiro 1/1 - [ebay:1yjnyoa4] 180648841124[/ebay:1yjnyoa4]
Bobby Orr 1/1 - [ebay:1yjnyoa4] 250799183590[/ebay:1yjnyoa4]

Completed:
Johnny Unitas 1/1 - [ebay:1yjnyoa4] 180644764852[/ebay:1yjnyoa4]

All cards so far have been the 1/1 version, the first submitted of each player. Information regarding the release/answers/questions can be found in Leaf's initial FCB post and their website: http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... 2&t=121562

Casey

The picture of the back is a tad small... so the wording is tough to read... and no mention of Custom in the description could lead to issues later.
Yeah i would have put that it is a custom in the description at the very least. People do stupid things - like bid now research later, i did it once with the old Xmas packs. bought one and looked them up later. I paid well under $100 and got like 12 beautiful vintage cards. I think it being made by a company like Leaf and slabbed by Bgs creates enough of a safety net and people might bid blindly. Then when they get it look into them to "check them out" and BAM find out its a custom card. Who knows how high it will go as a Ichiro auto 1/1 in a Bgs holder.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I want to see the Charles Manson 1/1 cut listed on the Executive Cut population report on the Leaf site. I see a Sarah Palin and Sandy Koufax 1/1 there too.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
coltsnsox07 said:
I want to see the Charles Manson 1/1 cut listed on the Executive Cut population report on the Leaf site. I see a Sarah Palin and Sandy Koufax 1/1 there too.
Only one Joe DiMaggio listed.... hope it's mine! 4 week deadline hits this week for me, looking forward to seeing the results of my sub.

Casey

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
not pack pulled or a redemption. it is a custom that you pay $40 to get made/certified. with all do respect, the seller con'd that Ichiro.

Members online

Latest posts