Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Heritage High-Numbers Boxed Set Preview (EDIT - Checklist Added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
you know what really XXXXing pisses me off about all of this?

i've known about this set being created since The National, but was asked to not say anything about it.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I just said in another thread that Topps was going to start doing this -- selling direct to the consumer. They have the shipping ability to do so, and this gives them all of the profit.

Screw the unscrupulous middleman, unnecessary dealer - long live Topps!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I bet the anticipated price was much lower before Topps Mini was bought out. They know they can produce a perceived short printed product and someone will eventually buy it all up.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Wait for a base set only auction. Should be able to grab one for $30 to $40 before long.

WaxPax

I just said in another thread that Topps was going to start doing this -- selling direct to the consumer. They have the shipping ability to do so, and this gives them all of the profit.

Screw the unscrupulous middleman, unnecessary dealer - long live Topps!

Topps has been direct to customer for years, except you knew it as eTopps. Now what they have done, is package their "Online Exclusive" stuff in a box and send it out instead of keeping it on site to be switch from portfolio to portfolio...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
And soon, the online exclusive stuff isn't going to be online exclusive, it's going to be the regular stuff. And if the dealers complain, they don't have an option -- either boycott Topps and stop carrying baseball, for the most part, or compete with them.

It makes NO sense for Topps to keep using distributors. I've said this for years. They have the infrastructure to deal with the mailing, and instead of charging $48 per a box of Chrome, they can charge $65-70. They can AT LEAST double their profit by saying eff the dealers.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
As a Heritage collector, at a price point like that, autos from this set are going to be spendy. I'll probably snipe them all day at $20 apiece, assuming the print run is still 200 per blue.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
More info

Only 1000 sets
One on card auto per set
Red ink on card autos bonus in some boxes

With only 1000 sets, the odds of getting a red ink numbered to 10 is pretty good. I also just confirmed with Topps that a checklist will be available soon.

Kevin

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
More info

Only 1000 sets
One on card auto per set
Red ink on card autos bonus in some boxes

With only 1000 sets, the odds of getting a red ink numbered to 10 is pretty good. I also just confirmed with Topps that a checklist will be available soon.

Kevin

That all sounds like good news for the value of these sets. I can't wait to see a checklist.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
With only 1000 sets, the print run on Blue autos is going to be a lot less than 200.

Figure 10 guys in the auto checklist, 10 reds and 90 blues = 1000 sets total.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
1000 box sets, but how many sets are in each box? What if each set is 25 cards? and you get 4 sets per box with 1 auto? Do we even know that each set will be 100 cards? Or will each box set hold 100 cards, but more then one set.

I'm not sure of the details, just speculating. Then the value wouldn't be as good as everyone is thinking