Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Twinsfest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Still no preliminary schedule out, but I took a look at the list today and there have been some players added/deleted.

Tony Oliva only scheduled Friday
Nick Gordon added
Jacque Jones added
Corey Koskie added
Tommy Milone added
Ervin Santana added

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Autograph schedule for Friday has been posted and there is certainly a twist from prior years. The groupings aren't as they used to be. No more "minors" grouping as the key prospects are grouped with current players or HOFers. Sano is grouped with Molitor. Buxton is with Blyleven. Meyer, Gordon, and Stewart are in separate groups with current MLBers and MILBers. Very interested to see if the same will apply to Sat/Sun.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Autograph schedule for Friday has been posted and there is certainly a twist from prior years. The groupings aren't as they used to be. No more "minors" grouping as the key prospects are grouped with current players or HOFers. Sano is grouped with Molitor. Buxton is with Blyleven. Meyer, Gordon, and Stewart are in separate groups with current MLBers and MILBers. Very interested to see if the same will apply to Sat/Sun.

This is somewhat similar to last year, except for the fact that there are prospects grouped with the HOFers. Friday seems somewhat stacked, and will provide the best value per table if they price similar to last year. They have twice as long for Saturday and essentially the same number of guys

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Something I posted over a year ago on the Pat Neshek boards when rumblings were coming out about new formats:

Like I said earlier, who needs more of the same ole players every single year. Yeah as a team they need to bring in the current players and players of the future, but why cant they get Gaetti, Knoblauch, Davis as a few examples. You look at the former players lines and after about 10-15 mins all they are doing is sitting there chatting with each other. It has become foolish how the Twins run this event.

A possible fixer:
Have a mix of former, current, HOFer/Superstar and Future at the tables, not 3-4 stale guys while having the "bigger stars" by themselves, IMO it doesnt work anymore. Charge $30-40 for the table, have lesser tables, generate the same amount of revenue you would by having 2 tables going at once vs. when they had 6 going at once.

Just think of a grouping of:
Gaetti/Perkins/Blyleven/Hicks
Hrbek/Mauer/Carew/Sano
Davis/Willingham/Molitor/Rosario

Just some off the top of my head, combos can be rearranged, but something more like this will work IMO. Your lines will be full, people will get players that are wanted, and the lesser names (duensing, goetz, buerenger, dozier, etc) put in a bigger grouping of 8-10 for a flat rate of $20.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Do they have some sort of team issued cards available like the Giants and Astros do for these types of events? If they do, I'm looking to pick up one for Ryan Pressly if anyone is going. Not really looking for an autograph, just the card.

Last edited:

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Do they have some sort of team issued cards available like the Giants and Astros do for these types of events? If they do, I'm looking to pick up one for Ryan Pressly if anyone is going. Not really looking for an autograph, just the card.

No they do not have team issued cards

hrbek14

Jan 27, 2013
Waconia, MN
Anyone going on Friday that could help me out with Dozier? His table doesn't look like it will fit in my schedule but need him on a derby ball.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Friday is going to be rough for me. A lot of guys I need, but they are all signing at the same times but different tables. I really wish there weren't too many guys that I needed multiples of but there are a few- Mauer, Buxton (yeah right), Dozier, E. Santana, Hunter, and a few others. I really wish I wasn't working on multiple Ginter sets right now. My goal is to get 6 Ginter cards signed, which is reasonable considering I need Hunter x3, Mauer x8, Arcia x1, Santana x2, Schafer x1, Nolasco x1, Carew x1, Bert x1

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
So I'm already helping a couple guys out, but I was just going through my list of guys and seeing if there is anybody in there I don't need. If anybody needs help or needs anything from the following players let me know and we can try and work something out for a portion of the table fee. If you need them on a card I can see if I have it otherwise I could pick it up at the LCS. If you have a unique item that you want to get I can probably meet either sometime this week or Friday/Saturday before the day begins. Just let me know!

Ryan Pressly
Tom Brunansky
Cole DeVries
Corey Koskie
Neil Allen
Eric Fryer
Mike Kvasnicka
Butch Davis

These guys I may possibly be able to help with as well:

Aaron Hicks
Eddie Rosario
Tim Stauffer
JT Bruett
JR Graham

pander69

Apr 6, 2010
Marshall, MN
The full flyer is on the website and there's an hour in the afternoon where all tables are $5 each with three guys signing at each. I might have to try to hit a few of those lines twice! Carew and Blyleven are $35 each, most expensive table is Molitor and Sano for $40. I think they got their pricing a little better compared to last year.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Mauer pricing is spot on at $25
Molitor and Buxton or Sano is spot on for $40 also, very smart of the Twins to put these two with Molitor
The $15, $20 and $25 tables for the most part have a good mix of past, present and future players, finally done right by the Twins.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Mauer pricing is spot on at $25
Molitor and Buxton or Sano is spot on for $40 also, very smart of the Twins to put these two with Molitor
The $15, $20 and $25 tables for the most part have a good mix of past, present and future players, finally done right by the Twins.

I'm definitely excited about TwinsFest this year. I was hearing those $20 minimum rumors, but those were going around last year too. I don't have a problem with the $40 tables at all. A HOFer paired with a top prospect like that is a great deal. To me, one of the best values last year was Tony Oliva and Rod Carew for $35 together. $40 is still a great deal for somebody like me that needs to get just a card signed by Carew, and thankfully I was able to find somebody to split the cost that need Oliva. For a set collector like myself, most of these tables are priced perfectly for me to get cards signed. I just wish I wasn't a Ginter set collector sometimes lol

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
The autograph tables look good, especially Friday. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend on Friday this year. My wife and I will be attending on Sunday with our kids in tow. I'm guessing that we'll be spending quality time at the face-painting station and looking for TC Bear. Maybe I'll be able to sneak off to an autograph table when the kids are having a snack.

Members online

Latest posts