Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Panini Prizm Velocity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
As a player collector, I've started to amass the many parallels in 2021 Panini Prizm for Jack Morris. Including the base version, I've counted 44 total. And while I have seen most of the versions, I haven't seen anything labeled Velocity. Checklists show a Blue Velocity, Red Velocity, and Black Velocity. Since the blue and red aren't numbered, I'm not sure what I'm looking for to differentiate from the blue and red prizm parallels. I've googled and only found Velocity in Optic. Any help would be appreciated.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I don't have any specific info as none of my active pursuits are included. It's possible there's another configuration of the release that these appear in. FOTL? Asian markets? etc

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks for the feedback. I keep checking ebay to look for differences but haven't found anything yet. Panini has cards labeled Velocity in Optic but haven't seen anything similar from Prizm.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Pinbreaker - Thanks for posting. I didn't see "Velocity" listed on the box. Wonder if the cards are specific to a single distribution type, one that hasn't been released. Probably not but a thought. More likely these weren't produced.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Pinbreaker - Thanks for posting. I didn't see "Velocity" listed on the box. Wonder if the cards are specific to a single distribution type, one that hasn't been released. Probably not but a thought. More likely these weren't produced.
I came across this link when I searched "Panini Velocity" and just looked thru them until I saw baseball..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I went to Panini's site and downloaded the excel file for 2021 Panini Prizm.. I just filtered out "Velocity" under "Card Set" and "Morris" under player and this is what came up.. I know there were other Velocity colors, but maybe not for Morris..

morris.JPG

Here's a filter for Griffey and Velocity.. a few more..

griffey.JPG

Here is "Morris" filter with the card set reset..

morris-all.JPG

Hope that helps..

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not collecting anything from prizm so I hadn't looked but I got curious, anything I see listed from 2021 prizm as "velocity" certainly seems to mislabeled. I am working on the assumption that Prizm Velocity would look similar to the Optic Velocity parallel. I would guess that there was an issue during print, maybe to holographic part of the process got messed up and they just scrapped it?

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks Pinbreaker. Forgot to look there. I had checked Cardboard Connection and Baseballcardpedia for possible information about distribution. Baseballcardpedia had info regarding source, whether from hobby or retail and then what type of retail. Unfortunately no further info on the Velocity parallels. As for progress, I'm at 23 with 3 more incoming.

I agree with you bstanwood. I had been searching for anything that looked like the Optic version. But no luck.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Sitting at 24 McGwire's and on ebay multiple times a day looking so I have to believe they are not can not even find completed on any.

Piazzaboy

Dec 22, 2021
WV
Piazza collector here, have 30 so far with 3 more on the way. But out of the 44 total variations, there are 4 I believe don’t exist. The blue velocity, the red velocity, the black velocity, and the teal donut circle is only the rookie autos..so I figure not including the 1/1s, there are 38 different ones I can get. Hope this helps

Piazzaboy

Dec 22, 2021
WV
7C3500BE-28C2-46EE-96C9-080CE3175C9F.png
They seem to be popping up now. Not sure where they came from. But I’ve seen 2 different sellers have some..

Members online

Latest posts