Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Topps Baseball Preview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It feels like a Bowman design to me. Meh. I don't buy them (new packs) anymore, so my opinion counts for nothing in the end.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I agree it looks like Bowman. Kind of plain too. But better than this year's ugly design.

I miss how Topps used to be bold with their designs. Everything these past few years look like they were designed by a sterile computerized random generator.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Perhaps it is just my age kicking in here, but is this really what collectors want these days? If it it, I digress. As I stated before, I am pretty much out of the new cards via packs/boxes game (I only buy singles, secondary), so my opinion on anything card makers are doing is meaningless, as they get $0 from me.

I've seen dumber concepts, but not far behind is this. Now if they included a piece of said cleat, maybe it's worthy of a GU spot. Still, a card that focuses on feet seems a little dumb to me. At least there is a picture of the player. Leaf would have just gone with the shoes!

2022-Topps-Series-1-Baseball-Cards-Flashiest-Feet-Mookie-Betts.jpg
I

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sneakers are a big deal these days. There's an insert set from one of Panini's high-end NBA products that focuses on the kicks, and they're highly coveted. Makes more sense with basketball compared to baseball, since you usually can wear basketball sneakers in real life and they're just more ingrained as part of the whole hoops culture. They don't make street versions of cleats, but I don't blame them for putting out a set like that.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I don't have any problem with the insert set focusing on shoes, we've had weirder. The name "Flashiest Feet" is off-putting, though. Like it's some kind of foot fetish set.

Members online

Latest posts