Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

25th Annual Shriners show Nov 5, 6, 7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Im pretty sure I will be there. I never get autos at shows, but that list looks weak compared to what I usually see. Whats the deal? There are usually huge names there.

VTsubmariner

Jan 22, 2010
Groton CT
I will be set up at the shriners show all three days.

The cards in my photobucket will be there, but I may not have enough room to display them all. Feel free to ask me about cards not displayed if you are walking around and recognize the rest of my cards.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I'm going to try to get up there one day (likely Sunday, as I need to get a Rask autograph for my brother in law).

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I have never tried it before, anyone know what is costs to grade a card from Beckett at this show?

redsoxfan2510

Aug 9, 2008
Boston
Went there yesterday as I do every year and it seemed like pretty much the same thing as every other year, lots of vintage, but still a great show

I got some solid pick-ups, the highlight being a signed 16x20 of David Ortiz from game 1 of the 04' World Series for $50! I'll post some pics later and I picked up some nice pictures for pretty cheap, but all around it was a great show like always

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I participated in the Topps Rip Party contest with Fred Lynn. I'll never do that again. $55 for a box 0f 2010 Chrome to play. They gave out 20 blown up World Series Tickets from one of the games Lynn homered in. Most of the people cheated to win. Some guy had his wife/girlfriend and son and daughter and the entire family won multiple prizes because they all cheated. You were supposed to open 1-2 packs at a time and the guy running it would ask for cards or stats from the card. For instance "who has the youngest player?" or "who has the player with the most total career homeruns?". This guy would look through all of his cards from the familys 4 boxes, select the card and yell out that he was a winner. He had the Ellsbury card they wanted, the player with the most loses, the first autographed card, the tallest player, the shortest player, on and on. It was ridiculous and the guy in charge couldnt have cared less. The guy running the party was obviously good friends with another wife/husband/child combo as they talked for a long time afterwards about them all flying back to Chicago or something.

They also gave out a Topps Hank Aaron signed contract, '58 Mantle, '52 Snider, Strasburg ref, Frank Thomas pair of game used wristbands, among other cool stuff. The same people all won multiple prizes :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts