Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

35 Rookies Who Should be at the Rookie Premiere...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Now that the draft is completed and everybody wondering how this weak class will affect 2013 football cards, I have jotted down as a fun exercise which 35 rookies (usually the number asked and usually all offensive) should be invited to the rookie premiere next month. Feel free to add or subtract names by posting a reply, but here's what I think as of right now are worth putting autos and memorabilia into products in 2013:

1. EJ Manuel - QB - Bills
2. Geno Smith - QB - Jets
3. Mike Glennon - QB - Bucs
4. Tyler Wilson - QB - Raiders
5. Matt Barkley - QB - Eagles
6. Ryan Nassib - QB - Giants
7. Landry Jones - QB - Steelers
8. Joseph Randle - RB - Cowboys
9. Le'Veon Bell - RB - Steelers
10. Giovani Bernard - RB - Bengals
11. Montee Ball - RB - Broncos
12. Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers
13. Andre Ellington - RB - Cardinals
14. Johnathan Franklin - RB - Packers
15. Stepfan Taylor - RB - Cardinals
16. Jawan Jamison - RB - Redskins (sleeper RB being late rounder to the infamous Mike Shanahan)
17. Tyler Eifert - TE - Bengals
18. Zach Ertz - TE - Eagles
19. Gavin Escobar - TE - Cowboys
20. Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins
21. Dion Sims - TE - Dolphins
22. Levine Toilolo - TE - Falcons
23. Tavon Austin - WR - Rams
24. DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Texans
25. Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings
26. Justin Hunter - WR - Titans
27. Robert Woods - WR - Bills
28. Keenan Allen - WR - Chargers
29. Aaron Dobson - WR - Patriots
30. Stedman Bailey - WR - Rams
31. Terrance Williams - WR - Cowboys
32. Markus Wheaton - WR - Steelers
33. Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers
34. Josh Boyce - WR - Patriots
35. Kenny Stills - WR - Saints

Now of course, sometimes they added 1 or 2 more, but generally 35 each year, and sometimes 1 or 2 top defensive players like Dee Milliner or Dion Jordan could slip in, but there is enough offensive players this year to make it work. Feel free to suggest any changes :)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hope Patton isn't there. My wallet will hurt enough already by him getting drafted by the 9ers.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Did I overlook Fisher? Even if he is a tackle, since he was #1 overall, he'll be there,

Everyone is expecting at least 1 of the OT's to go, but Matt Kalil was 4th overall last year and didn't go.

Te'o also may go, but I am very fatigued from his press this past 3 days. He may be a Heisman finalist, but he's a bum in my eyes.

Denard is iffy. Big name in terms of college football, but his NFL prospects of fitting in reguarly as WR/RB, even in Jax, are not real good. In the short term, he could be another Brad Smith, but will see after that.

Barner is also a maybe. Productive in college, but not a fan.

Last edited:

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I wasn't surprised to not see Kalil last year, since he was drafted at #4 . Again, Fisher was the top overall pick, he'll be there. I'd put a wager on it

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
They will unfortunately include lineman.

Allen

I have crossed over to the dark side...sent from my iPhone 5

AK11

May 24, 2010
No lattimore?

With his busted leg, I wouldn't want to pull his cards that much. If he goes to the premiere, his cards show up way more in packs for a player who may missed the whole season.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Lattimore's ceiling is Arian Foster. Biggest risk, but easily highest ceiling of all players in draft.. BG

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Everyone is expecting at least 1 of the OT's to go, but Matt Kalil was 4th overall last year and didn't go.

Te'o also may go, but I am very fatigued from his press this past 3 days. He may be a Heisman finalist, but he's a bum in my eyes.

Denard is iffy. Big name in terms of college football, but his NFL prospects of fitting in reguarly as WR/RB, even in Jax, are not real good. In the short term, he could be another Brad Smith, but will see after that.

Barner is also a maybe. Productive in college, but not a fan.

Replace Jawan Jamison with Kenjon Barner and that's a pretty good list.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
With his busted leg, I wouldn't want to pull his cards that much. If he goes to the premiere, his cards show up way more in packs for a player who may missed the whole season.

Lattimore cards will still have more value then a lot of skill players this draft. Sure, I'd rather pull a Patterson, Hopkins, or Lacy but not gonna complain pulling Lattimore. I think he'll be back and would still be solid running 85-90% pre-injuries. He seemingly has all the heart and willpower to get it it done. I'm not saying he is Adian Peterson but consider how well AP bounced back from a similar, albeit less severe, injury. He also has the story and team to become a fan favorite should he eventually perform at a high level. People with patience holding his cards could reap a decent reward down the road. Hopefully he gets placed on IR for the year and enthusiasm falls before Finest and Chrome are out. I'll be a buyer if the price is right.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Lattimore already lost a step after his first knee injury. After this one and all his time away? Maybe he can be end of career TJ McClendon or Jerome Bettis on a good day. SC fans built him up to be way more than what he is though, so that hype will follow him around.

Wish they'd invite Brian Banks to the rookie premiere.

Latest posts