Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

74 bid retractions. Wish ebay did something about him/her

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
So I got an email from ebay letting me know I now am a high bidder on Matt Davidson AFALC due to fact that someone retracted bid.
OK. Cool I guess.

I checked to see why retracted --- "bid wrong amount"

It wasn't like the person added an extra zero or anything to make it triple digits in price

It was clearly opportunity to see what high bid was

I know I should snipe but I don't. I don't do enough bidding to even justify sniping and usually just bid what I can afford. If I lose an auction oh well.

I looked and noticed person has 74 retractions in past couple months
Simply a loser

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
kentuckyderby said:
I know I should snipe but I don't. I don't do enough bidding to even justify sniping and usually just bid what I can afford. If I lose an auction oh well.

I use esnipe and it only costs 25 cents for auctions under $25 I love the ability to set it and forget it. It takes me literally about 30 seconds total to set it up for an auction. You should check it out.... um... that is, unless you're thinking about bidding on any Omar Vizquel cards. ;)

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
esnipe is highway robbery btw Buying "bidpoints" based on how many snipes you use? Bish! Flimshaw!

Just pay the $6 at gixen and you can set it and forget it for a year.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sniping programs always worry me.

Mind you, I also hate Airmiles.

Any program that's capable of tracking my spending habits worries me. I'm assuming with password and such, they'd be capable of easily tying it to your name/addy.

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
kentuckyderby said:
So I got an email from ebay letting me know I now am a high bidder on Matt Davidson AFALC due to fact that someone retracted bid.
OK. Cool I guess.

I checked to see why retracted --- "bid wrong amount"

It wasn't like the person added an extra zero or anything to make it triple digits in price

It was clearly opportunity to see what high bid was

I looked and noticed person has 74 retractions in past couple months
Simply a loser

This happens to me almost daily.
Totally sucks and EBAY MUST do something.
BG

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I would check into the person that is doing all the bid retracting and see if they only do it on certain seller's items. Possible shill bidding or rather learning how far up they can bid with another ID.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
pigskincardboard said:

Any program that's capable of tracking my spending habits worries me. I'm assuming with password and such, they'd be capable of easily tying it to your name/addy.

tinfoil_hat.jpg

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL

One day I will share just what all you can do with a Priority Club number.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Don't ever check your Temporary Internet Files folder on your PC then. You'll never use your computer again.

pigskincardboard said:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
19braves77 said:

If it involves staying at any of those hotels other than the Inter, I shall scoff!

I actually don't mind certain programs, I just make sure that I've read the fine print.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
19braves77 said:

ok, I'll bite. What is priority club?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sean_C said:
Don't ever check your Temporary Internet Files folder on your PC then. You'll never use your computer again.

pigskincardboard said:

Would it surprise you to know that I manually manage my allow/block list of cookies?

Firefox also automagically wipes them out when you clear a session.

Wes

OG
Administrator
VizquelCollector said:
kentuckyderby said:

I use esnipe and it only costs 25 cents for auctions under $25 I love the ability to set it and forget it. It takes me literally about 30 seconds total to set it up for an auction. You should check it out.... um... that is, unless you're thinking about bidding on any Omar Vizquel cards. ;)

rotisserie.jpg

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
i rarely "thank" anyone on here. You sir, have broken the dry spell.

LLWesMan said:
VizquelCollector said:
kentuckyderby said:

rotisserie.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
mudflap02 said:
esnipe is highway robbery btw Buying "bidpoints" based on how many snipes you use? Bish! Flimshaw!

I still don't understand why people don't use Gixen. You don't even have to pay if you're a low volume bidder, and it's FREE! You don't even have to register for anything!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
mudflap02 said:

JEA2880 said:
I still don't understand why people don't use Gixen. You don't even have to pay if you're a low volume bidder, and it's FREE! You don't even have to register for anything!

I use esnipe b/c it was the first one I was introduced to after a bidnapper free trial. Never had a hiccup or problem. I've seen/heard a few people complain about Gixen, but I've never checked it out. It only costs me $15 or so per year, which in the scheme of things really isn't any different than what Gixen apparently charges.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts