Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A bit of irony, Strasburg's outing is compable to Prior's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I don't see what is ironic about it at all? Did Strasburg already blow his arm out and have to leave baseball?

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Pine Tar said:
allstarauction said:
I don't see what is ironic about it at all? Did Strasburg already blow his arm out and have to leave baseball?
Patience oh wise Grasshopper :D soon enough :lol:
It's funny, as a college sophomore when Prior's debut occured I remember vividly the things being said about him before and after his debut......nearly the same exact things being said about Strasburg. Strasburg tore up college, the minors, and had an excellent debut; so did Mark Prior. Strasburg was regarded as the best college pitcher in history; so was Mark Prior. The similarities are very ironic.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
So was Kris Benson, So was Ben Mconald, so was Who gives a sh!t. Until something changes Stras is very good. Live with it and quit trying to be "that guy" that is negative just to be a Debbie Downer in hopes of being able to say "I told you so."

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
You people need to look up words before using them. Even if he paralleled Mark Prior from birth to arm-blowout it wouldn't be in any way IRONIC.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
aaron41984 said:
So was Kris Benson, So was Ben Mconald, so was Who gives a sh!t. Until something changes Stras is very good. Live with it and quit trying to be "that guy" that is negative just to be a Debbie Downer in hopes of being able to say "I told you so."

Agree, it is almost like everyone wants him to get hurt... Just sit back and enjoy watching him pitch. Last night was a great game to watch, of course I have been watching the O's all year so that is not saying much.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Therion said:
You people need to look up words before using them. Even if he paralleled Mark Prior from birth to arm-blowout it wouldn't be in any way IRONIC.
And....thanked.

Coincidence would be the word you boys are looking for.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
allstarauction said:
aaron41984 said:

Agree, it is almost like everyone wants him to get hurt... Just sit back and enjoy watching him pitch. Last night was a great game to watch, of course I have been watching the O's all year so that is not saying much.

+1 (I admit I didn't watch the O's last night - just the Nats on MASN channel)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
If he can match Prior's performances and avoid the injury he'd be in great shape. For those who may have forgotten, check out Prior's stats in his first couple of seasons, they were insane. He was better than Lincecum was in his first two seasons, and barring injury projected as a tremendous player.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Therion said:

There is nothing wrong with this use of "ironic".

Signed,
Alanis Morissette

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Strasburg = Prior Version 2

He could very well be...but only time will tell.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
It's like so many people calling his injury now so that at a later date they can say "AH HA!!... I told you so..."

Pitchers will have injuries... no one needs to e educated on that... it does not take away from the great things he is accomplishing now.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
allstarauction said:
aaron41984 said:

Thanked. Jesus, people never think a good thing can last just because two guys blew it in the past. One in a bar fight and the other in a surfing injury(thanks to ALL_THE_HYPE for that info).

I'm going to laugh, like really hard, when he has a long career that includes multiple Cy Youngs. Yes, I said it. Multiple Cy Youngs, multiple All Star games(though those are in reality no testament to a player's greatness), and maybe even an MVP or something.

He's the most freaky-good prospect in a long time, arguably since never or since Mickey Mantle. He's very talented. No need to bash him, be it because you have no cards of him or otherwise. Jeez, chill people.

Ant

Members online

Latest posts