Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Once Failed Prospect Stash Has Been Given A Second Wind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Not much, but it's something.

ESPN Insider said:
Sean Doolittle has a second chance to make a first impression, and is making the most of it in Oakland Athletics' camp. Appearing in a big league spring game for the first time in three years, the converted first baseman struck out two in a scoreless inning Sunday against the Cubs.

While Doolittle may not be in the club's immediate roster plans, the 25-year-old Doolittle "has the A's believing he might be a superb reliever in the not-so-distant future," writes Susan Slusser in the San Francisco Chronicle.

Doolittle, a pitcher and a position player during his college days at Virginia, was clocked at 97 mph pitching in the instructional league last fall.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
ljw29 said:
Should have pitched coming out of UVA.

Think so? I didn't get a chance to see much of him at UVA. I really liked his bat, and he was moving along pretty well in the system until he destroyed his leg a couple years back. I honestly thought he was done.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
gonzagacubs said:
ljw29 said:

Think so? I didn't get a chance to see much of him at UVA. I really liked his bat, and he was moving along pretty well in the system until he destroyed his leg a couple years back. I honestly thought he was done.

Loved Sean as a pitcher more than a hitter

and love Danny as both (ashame he has to spend time in Seattle)

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
ljw29 said:
gonzagacubs said:
ljw29 said:

Loved Sean as a pitcher more than a hitter

and love Danny as both (ashame he has to spend time in Seattle)

I would have loved for Hultzen to have been drafted by a NL team for that exact reason.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Its about time they move him to pitcher. Sean always said he'd rather pitch anyway.
I have a pretty good sized player collection of his I'm looking forward to moving.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Hope he can transition (back) to a pitcher! Glad I unloaded a few others (still have these) back in 2009 when he was hot in the minors.

Top.jpg

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I have a bunch of stuff with his auto...team balls, team posters, etc from his days at UVA but no cards. Nice stuff actually as some of his teammates were Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Schwimer.

FWIW, "Doolittle played for the University of Virginia Cavaliers baseball team as both a starting pitcher and first baseman. He formerly held the record for wins in a career for a Virginia pitcher 22, which has since been passed by Danny Hultzen." From Wikipedia.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
Obviously, I am a Doc fan as well. Has anyone found/seen the super? I have picked up a lot of his stuff since it has been so cheap the past couple years but I have never seen any of his really high end Bowmans.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
jwc9p said:
Obviously, I am a Doc fan as well. Has anyone found/seen the super? I have picked up a lot of his stuff since it has been so cheap the past couple years but I have never seen any of his really high end Bowmans.

A member on here had the super and a red in his sig for a while. Not sure if he still owns them however.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Think I flipped a $4 blue ref of his for 30-40$ a couple years back when he was hot. Wish him the best

ruffryder98499

Aug 28, 2008
Louisiana
gonzagacubs said:
jwc9p said:

A member on here had the super and a red in his sig for a while. Not sure if he still owns them however.

That would be me. :)

Here's my current stash:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/j ... Doolittle/

Here's what I sold off while he was hot:

ScannedImage-4.jpg

I sold the super to someone in Taiwan.

Latest posts