Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A question for Braves Prospectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BravoDawg47

May 23, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Who are you guys really excited about and who are you investing in? Also on an unrelated note Andrelton Simmons WBC Tribute cards are awesome in my opinion!

BravoDawg47

May 23, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Joey Turdoslavich I guess

Farm system is weak on bats atm.

And not many of them have cards.

I definitely agree with that. I think Josh Elander also has an exciting future but we will see if he can keep hitting once he moves up into double or triple A. As for pitching I think Lucas Sims has the biggest upside.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
I'm not sure Terdo has a future with the Braves though. He has had a great year, but where are they going to put him? They've got him in the OF this year and we all know that isn't going to happen anytime soon. He's played 1b and that's going to be filled for a while. 3b? Who knows how long Chris Johnson will be with the Braves, but I don't think Joey has the defense to play there anyways.

The only position that could come open in the next few years with a prospect avail would be Bethancourt.

Point of the post is there isn't really anyone to get that excited about. I'd hate to be a prospect in the Braves org because barring injuries, the future isn't that bright.

BravoDawg47

May 23, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm not sure Terdo has a future with the Braves though. He has had a great year, but where are they going to put him? They've got him in the OF this year and we all know that isn't going to happen anytime soon. He's played 1b and that's going to be filled for a while. 3b? Who knows how long Chris Johnson will be with the Braves, but I don't think Joey has the defense to play there anyways.

The only position that could come open in the next few years with a prospect avail would be Bethancourt.

Point of the post is there isn't really anyone to get that excited about. I'd hate to be a prospect in the Braves org because barring injuries, the future isn't that bright.

I have thought about that and I figure if we really wanted a good 3b we could go get one. Chris Johnson really has been one of the Braves better hitters this year but I don't think your everyday 3b can play defense like him.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
I am, but from what I have heard, Bethancourt is a stud defensive catcher. Honestly, I hope Gattis gets moved to the OF/3B.

After I was thinking about my earlier post, I remembered that nobody had mentioned Gilmartin or Woods yet. Both guys have a chance to be in the rotation next year, so they could be worth an investment.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
don't see how Terdoslavich fits long term with the braves, but will be good to see how he does.

As far as other guys, Lucas Sims may have the highest upside. Not a lot of star potential right now in the Braves system, though closely following Graham, Elander, and Peraza. Other than those mentioned, Edward Salcedo and Tommy La Stella are likely the two position players closest to the majors who can aspire to starting spots.

Members online

Latest posts