Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Dunn - Man on Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Last 9 games:

13-33 (.393)
10 R
2 2B
6 HR
10 RBI
3 BB

6 HR in his last 33 AB. 9 HR in his last 59 AB.

He's not walking as much this year as he did in years past. It seems as if somebody in the Washington organization told him to swing at more pitches and it's really helped him this year. He's hitting a career best .285 this year with 16 HR and 38 RBI. Really proud of him!

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
fengzhang said:
*insert joke about Adam Dunn needing to swing at more pitches*

As odd as it sounds, I think what I meant was that somebody talked him into swinging at more pitches in hitters counts instead of waiting for the perfect pitch and if it didn't come, getting caught looking, walking, or chasing a bad pitch out of the zone. I think he has been working with a hitting coach to better diagnose pitches he can hit as opposed to only swinging at pitches he can hit out. Bottom line, he's putting more balls in play this year it seems.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I noticed his BA today and was impressed. You're right, his OBP percentage is steady (and pretty damn good), but he is hitting the ball a lot more. Good for him and the Nationals.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
He has always put up decent power numbers,but he just never seems to be popular with collectors. That 99
draft class is turning out to be very good, yet no one really case.

Kevin

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
He has always put up decent power numbers,but he just never seems to be popular with collectors. That 99
draft class is turning out to be very good, yet no one really case.

Kevin

It is very odd, but it's much like Jim Thome in my opinion. No doubt that Thome in his prime was a better hitter than Dunn but even then he did not get a lot of hobby appreciation despite some really spectacular career numbers. There are some players that the hobby just ignores for whatever reason and Dunn has been on the bad end of that for a long time.

Both guys seem to be paced to have careers that nobody really appreciates until they're gone and the next generation looks them up and goes, "Whoa, those were some really great numbers that guy put together", and a second coming out party will be had for those guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts