Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adrian Beltre Future HOFer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
2012 stats .244 6 hr 33 rbi in 79 games. Show me the money!

He was playing injured the whole first half of the season which is why his stats are so bad for the season. Someone doesn't play injured when they are playing just for the money. When Todd Frazier started hitting he was able to sit out a few weeks to get his injury fixed because they had another viable option at 3rd base. Since he came back he is hitting .314. I watch every Reds game and Scott Rolen plays harder than anyone every night. You can argue that he is not as good as he used to be which is obvious, but he isn't just playing for the money. And he is still very productive when he isn't playing injured. And his defense is still incredible as well.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Look at his stats since 2005 2 good years in 7.If thats not hanging around for the money i dont what you would call it. The guy has made 80 million in that time span. for a total of 99 hr 364 rbi and a total .250 avg. The last 7 years is an avg year of .250 14 hr and 52 rbi at 11.4 million per. He's hurt he's hurt he's hurt. Thats a joke.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Look at his stats since 2005 2 good years in 7.If thats not hanging around for the money i dont what you would call it. The guy has made 80 million in that time span. for a total of 99 hr 364 rbi and a total .250 avg. The last 7 years is an avg year of .250 14 hr and 52 rbi at 11.4 million per. He's hurt he's hurt he's hurt. Thats a joke.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this topic. The Reds have been a different team since they got Scott Rolen. He has had trouble staying healthy, no argument there, but the guy plays his ass off when he is in there. And just go back and look at the Reds records when Rolen plays. He makes a huge difference. Do his stats warrant the money he has made in that time.... No they don't. But it isn't like he is sitting out when he isn't really injured. I don't consider a guy having trpuble staying healthy as the same thing as just hanging around for the money. If he was a jerk and didn't care I would agree. But he is exactly the opposite - I think he cares more than anyone and he plays harder than anyone.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I'd have a hard time voting for players who aren't even considered one of the top 10 players in their own league.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
IF Beltre stays heathy he will put up better numbers playing in Texas and with the stacked lineup and potential of being in the World Series and playoffs on a yearly basis he could be a candidate for the HOF. Im sure he will transition into the DH towards the end of his contract in Texas. He should continue to put up good numbers thru age 35 and hopefully will have a a few World Series rings. (Crossing my Ranger Homer fingers on this one)

Biggio and Bagwell should both be in the Hall of Fame IMO both class acts and to my knowledge not suspects for using PEDs.
Alot of people also forget Biggio started as a catcher, 2B and finished his career in CF pretty versatile athlete.

Last edited:

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
By the end of his career, there will be no way in hell he will not be in the HOF when you look at his numbers.

If a crap player like Biggio will eventually make it, Beltre will deserve it.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
SOOOOO. A player has a .250 life time avg. Plays 20 years gets 150 hits a year and ends up with 3000 hits. That player is not a effing HOFer! Also A player gets a hit streak of 60 games in a row., the player bats .220 in that 60 games. Now that would just suck would it not. Numbers in a factor of how they were obtained is what counts, and not just hanging around to pad them looking like a fool. AKA Pete Rose!
Uhmm....which player is that????

Answer: NONE. HOFer with the lowest BA w/ 3,000 hits is Cal Ripken [.276]...is he not a HOFer? Or how about Henderson @ .279....not a HOFer either?? Until a player who does bat .250 with 3,000 hits gets into the hall, your statement is highly irrelevant.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
As for Beltre, he's had a great career and will get some HOF votes but I don't think he will make it. A career 112 OPS+ is not hall worthy, IMO.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Beltre will likely finish with strong numbers if he finishes with the Rangers and will also be considered one of the best defenders at his position - he's going to be a borderline guy who will probably considered strongly for the better part of his 15 years on the ballot after retirement.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Not even a snowball's chance in hell he gets in.

This is just an ignorant statement. If you factor in his age, his current career numbers, his defense, his current team that is arguably a mini-dynasty, and the fact he has played his best baseball the past 3 years....I think snow does have a legit shot at surviving in hell.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
If he can add a few more exclamation point type years together here, and close in on a milestone or two, he is going to get consideration. I am not cut from the cloth that equates statistics to hall of fame worth and having said that he will need to use his remaining years to try and gain popularity to really be considered. Right now I am on the fence as the next handful of years will either make or break his chances. At this point though you simply can not rule the possibility out.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
This is just an ignorant statement. If you factor in his age, his current career numbers, his defense, his current team that is arguably a mini-dynasty, and the fact he has played his best baseball the past 3 years....I think snow does have a legit shot at surviving in hell.

Please explain the mini-dynasty comment. Don't you have to win at least once to have the beginnings of a dynasty? Adrian Beltre will not make the HOF. He'll be sitting around playing cards with Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Dale Murphy, and the rest of the "very good but not quite HOF caliber" club.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Please explain the mini-dynasty comment. Don't you have to win at least once to have the beginnings of a dynasty? Adrian Beltre will not make the HOF. He'll be sitting around playing cards with Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Dale Murphy, and the rest of the "very good but not quite HOF caliber" club.

Ok, "dynasty" might have been the wrong word b/c I understand that you actually have to win championships to be considered one. But the Rangers have made the WS the past 2 years and they very well could this year as well. Regardless, Beltre will be playing for a team that will be popular for several years to come. They will be in playoff contention every year and he'll be at the front of it.

And I find it pretty ignorant that anyone says that Beltre has no shot at making the HOF. You just are not looking at the facts. I'm not sitting here arguing Beltre's case for the HOF right now but just do a little research. He's a legit superstar in today's game and has proven it the past 3 years. He's arguably the best 3rd baseman today and no reason why he can't continue that the next couple years. His career numbers are eye-opening for a 32-year-old. Is there anyone here that's going to doubt that he can play another 6 or 7 years?

Give him mediocre numbers for another 7 years, say .260 15 HR 60 RBI and 120 H a season, and see what his career totals are. Are you going to say he has NO SHOT at the HOF? 120 H a season for the next 7 years (which he would not even by 40 yet) would put him over 3,000 hits. 7 years of 15 HR a year will put him near 450 HR....and 60 RBI over the next 7 years will put him well over 1,600 RBI.

No one is going to deny a 3,000 hit, 450 HR, 1,600 RBI player.

EDIT: I was wrong, he's 33 and will be 40 in 7 years. Not a huge difference though.

Last edited:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Ok, "dynasty" might have been the wrong word b/c I understand that you actually have to win championships to be considered one. But the Rangers have made the WS the past 2 years and they very well could this year as well. Regardless, Beltre will be playing for a team that will be popular for several years to come. They will be in playoff contention every year and he'll be at the front of it.

And I find it pretty ignorant that anyone says that Beltre has no shot at making the HOF. You just are not looking at the facts. I'm not sitting here arguing Beltre's case for the HOF right now but just do a little research. He's a legit superstar in today's game and has proven it the past 3 years. He's arguably the best 3rd baseman today and no reason why he can't continue that the next couple years. His career numbers are eye-opening for a 32-year-old. Is there anyone here that's going to doubt that he can play another 6 or 7 years?

Give him mediocre numbers for another 7 years, say .260 15 HR 60 RBI and 120 H a season, and see what his career totals are. Are you going to say he has NO SHOT at the HOF? 120 H a season for the next 7 years (which he would not even by 40 yet) would put him over 3,000 hits. 7 years of 15 HR a year will put him near 450 HR....and 60 RBI over the next 7 years will put him well over 1,600 RBI.

No one is going to deny a 3,000 hit, 450 HR, 1,600 RBI player.

EDIT: I was wrong, he's 33 and will be 40 in 7 years. Not a huge difference though.

Really?
Palmeiro.jpg

Members online

Latest posts