Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allen & Ginter Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'll probably have to run through these again, make sure I didn't miss anything.......but here is the haul. Had quantity with the hits, not sure about quality. Though the Maddon Blazer GU'd is kind of cool.

HITS:

AGBOX.jpg

The Other Stuff:
Figured I'd list this as well, in case anyone needs something. Don't think I hit anything too rare, but if anyone needs something let me know. I have not priced anything yet, but if it was a selling transaction, I'd imagine all these would be in the $.25 - 1.00 range. I'll let you know if you shoot me a pm.

Bunch of SP's, Hometown Heroes and RC's - if you needed anything in particular I'll be glad to check

Box Topper - N43 Votto
Gold corner - Alonso RC
Black Corner - Saunders
Highlight Sketches - Howard, Castro, Ross
Ascent of Man - 6, 11, 14, 22
Floating Fortress - Sovereign of the Seas, Michael, HMS Warrior
Minds that Made - Graham Bell, Brahe, Nightingale, Mendel
Black Mini - R. Soriano, Shmyrev
Mini - Brown, Kemp, Wilson, DeLaRosa, Vitale, Sizemore, Hughes
A&G Back - McCutchen, Morales, Lopez, Prado, Markakis
Step Right Up - Snake Charmers, Knife Throwers, Flea Circus
Portraits - Gellner, Watson Sleuth
Animals - Snow Leopard, African Wild Dogs
Uninvited Guests - Bachelor's Grove Cemetery, Alcatraz
Mysterious Figures - Cooper, Captain Johnson

Thanks for Looking :D

A_Pharis

C4S_Brayser082210_136454d.jpg

Rays Tales: Adventures in plaid

By Marc Topkin, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Sunday, August 22, 2010

Julia Alarcon is a serious fashion designer. Based in New York but calling Tampa home, she has a line, called Lialia (Lee-AHH-lia), of "sophisticated, feminine investment pieces that are relevant, substantial and of-the-moment without being trendy." Now she can add the BRayser to her list. Enlisted by Rays TV man Todd Kalas, Alarcon — in the midst of preparing for a September New York Fashion Week show — agreed to lend her expertise to what seemed like a simple task: designing and manufacturing 50-some blazers for her hometown team. It wasn't easy, though.

Having organized dress-themed road trips of all white, Urban Cowboy, Ed Hardy clothes and Johnny Cash black, to name a few, manager Joe Maddon wanted something special — unifying and unique. And he didn't want just any blazer: He wanted it plaid, in team colors, and with the Rays' sunburst logo, "something more to what we wanted it to look like than something somebody already had in their warehouse."

For her design, Alarcon went with a " '70s-type" large plaid, a little like the jackets worn by the Herb Tarlek character on the '70s TV show WKRP in Cincinnati, she said, but more Rodney Dangerfield in the movie Easy Money. (Maddon offered up as an example Ted Baxter from '70s TV's Mary Tyler Moore Show.)

"A regular-guy look," she said.

Then she had to pick a fabric, complicated by not being able to find the needed 400 yards (they used about half so the plaid could be matched). After a couple of false leads, they settled on a cotton-poly blend and found what they needed at a school uniform manufacturing shop in upstate New York. "Very frustrating," Alarcon said. Plus, she had sizing concerns, figuring athletes' bodies were a little different. And finding a manufacturer who could work fast and cheap enough led them to China. All told, it took several months of planning, three weeks for manufacturing and shipping, and a cost of more than $16,000 (about $300 a man). "It's high-end stuff," Maddon said. "You could see that at (high-end menswear store) Hugo Boss, absolutely."

Men in plaid

The BRaysers have been seen on the field, courtesy of the bullpen brigade before Tuesday's game. They're going to be on ESPN; John Kruk made an on-air request, and the Rays shipped up the one extra of the 54 that were made. And they may be coming to a team store near you. "Don't be surprised," Rays VP Rick Vaughn said, "to see official MLB BRayser-inspired merchandise if the popularity of the BRayser plaid continues to grow." The relievers' grand entrance Tuesday was an impromptu decision. The jackets had just arrived, and Joaquin Benoit was modeling his in the clubhouse just before game time. Andy Sonnanstine threw out the idea that the relievers go on the field wearing them. Rafael Soriano made it happen by agreeing to join in, and Dan Wheeler suggested they go through the dugout, getting high-fives from their stunned teammates. "I figured it would guarantee us a spot on the opening of SportsCenter," Sonnanstine said, "which it did."

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
^
Beat me to it.

I mentioned it in someone else's break......but I like the Blazer swatch. It's an identifiable piece of Rays history beyond the typical white swatch you'd get in Ginter.
Now as a Sox fan - I don't like the Rays, :lol: but I do still think the card is cool since it is unique.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts