Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Okay, this isn't a Twins pick up per se, but it's close enough to me.

Got my first bat today! It was listed as a gamer (from his Angel days) but I got a pretty good price on it ($31. + s/h)

bat1.jpg
bat3.jpg
bat2.jpg

Lots of old pine tar still on the handle...

bat5.jpg

And it has a "3" on the knob. I don't think I'll get it signed, but if he makes his way back up again sometime, who knows? I'm pleased to have a nice bat, with the old style name on it. Gotta find a Twins one someday.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well another great report from Florida for Twins fans.

Today the Twins took on the Yankees at home for their 3rd Grapefruit League exhibition game of Spring Trainig 2009. The 5-4 comeback win over the Yankees improved the Twins Grapefruit League Record to a so far perfect 3-0. Needless to say, as always, its a great time to be a Twins fan

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Another great addition, Greg!

I love the MLB Network. Just watched Delmon Young absolutely crush a double to center, and Kubel follow with a ground rule double to right.

I love it!

Craig

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Crede just hit a 2 run double off of Carlos Gutierrez.

Dang Twins and all their in-fighting!

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Just picked up two tickets to the June 26th game in St. Louis.
Being a previous Cardinals ticket purchaser, I was able to get tickets a day in advance to the public sale tomorrow.
Should be a fun weekend in St. Louie
:D

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Couple new pick-ups... Shout out to f2tornado on the quad patch (I think I might have sold it to you a while ago... thanks for getting it encased :lol: ).

Hunter7739.jpg

!BNzG+VgBmk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,WWnBJrcQs4dmQ~~_1.jpg

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
flightposite said:
Couple new pick-ups... Shout out to f2tornado on the quad patch (I think I might have sold it to you a while ago... thanks for getting it encased :lol: ).

I used to keep all my stuff in screw down holders but then the nicer magnetic ones came out. I was getting tired of tracking down all the different sizes for patch cards and I doubt a holder exists for some of the real thick stuff. Further, a couple years ago my then two year old daughter found some of my cards and started doing what kids do best to them. The simple albeit more expensive solution was BGS. I get the holder, the label, and some piece of mind my card wasn't tinkered with. I sold that card for less than I paid for it but needed some money to buy the card below among other things. Now all I need is a logoman patch and I pretty much have all I need in the Torii Hunter collection. I now wait for some Carlos Gomez Twins patch cards to get produced.

HunterBat.jpg

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Came oh so close to bidding on that Hunter, f2. It went so dang cheap I almost couldn't stop myself. Glad you got it!

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
That's a great looking barrel card. Glad someone on the board picked it up.

Alex

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Great stuff everyone!
Here are a few Puck's I've gotten in lately:
Midsummer Matchup with Tony Gwynn...............................96 Ultra Respect Gold Medallion
pucks.jpg
95 Pinnacle Museum Collection

Members online

Latest posts