Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Anyone pick up some Alex Wimmers stuff yet?

Just a shot in the dark, but does Kyle Knudson have a card this year? I know it's way out there, but he is one of the nicest guys I ever met, and I just went nuts when the Twins drafted him. Only guy I have met who asked me to sign something for me, and said thank you afterwords.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
TBTwinsFan said:

Just a shot in the dark, but does Kyle Knudson have a card this year? I know it's way out there, but he is one of the nicest guys I ever met, and I just went nuts when the Twins drafted him. Only guy I have met who asked me to sign something for me, and said thank you afterwords.

I plan on getting some Wimmers stuff, but only looking to buy certain players for now so he will have to wait a little bit. Knudson is in 2010 EEE. I also want to pick up some stuff of his as well as Kvasnicka.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I plan on getting some Wimmers stuff, but only looking to buy certain players for now so he will have to wait a little bit. Knudson is in 2010 EEE. I also want to pick up some stuff of his as well as Kvasnicka.

Shot in the dark, but Scott Maytas?

I noticed Seth Rosin was in the set, so anything is possible. I want a nice selection of Kvasy, but I will also pick up autos/base of the other 3

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Shot in the dark, but Scott Maytas?

I noticed Seth Rosin was in the set, so anything is possible. I want a nice selection of Kvasy, but I will also pick up autos/base of the other 3

Nothing on ebay for him so I am assumming no.

Yanksfan

Oct 13, 2010
I live like 20 mins away from New Britian, but I only go to the games when my uncles team is in town.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Slette said:
I really wish there were Valencia cards. I would own that Super, I know that much.

He has some cards that are going to be coming out soon and with the price on his Minor League issues, I am assuming the prices are going to be very high on him. I would love to pick up some nice parallel's of him, but if prices get out of hand I think I will have to wait on them. It sucks because I am really trying to save up for a big year at TwinsFest. Last year was my first year there and lets just say I didn't know how quickly my money would be gone haha

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
Slette said:
I really wish there were Valencia cards. I would own that Super, I know that much.

He has some cards that are going to be coming out soon and with the price on his Minor League issues, I am assuming the prices are going to be very high on him. I would love to pick up some nice parallel's of him, but if prices get out of hand I think I will have to wait on them. It sucks because I am really trying to save up for a big year at TwinsFest. Last year was my first year there and lets just say I didn't know how quickly my money would be gone haha

Last year was my 4th, and I had about $50 :( It was fun though, especially since the prospect line was free, and radio guests would sign at times. My friend wasn't really much of an autograph hound like I, so if we would do IP, he would give me what he got... so I got doubles of Revere, Hicks, Pavano, etc etc.

This year I am paying for 2 Perk 1/1s (about $55 worth, and I have one almost there), and then ALL of my earnings from chores and birthday/Christmas will be pumped into this. AND I am looking for a job, JUST to cover costs. No, seriously, I am getting a job JUST for TwinsFest...

Thankfully, we go free every year. The Caravan comes to Southwest Minnesota State University, which is where my dad works, and one of the staff members that comes usually brings free tix for people that will use them.

My plan is to get 2 cards of every prospect that is going to be there (I won't meet them all...). Once I get there, I am going to go straight to the proshop and buy a Perk jersey (or 2 if I have a buttload of money). Then I am going to find where Perk is going to be signing, so I can get there a few minutes before he arrives. Hopefully, I can have something nice for him to sign (not the jersey, as I am going to wear it.) Then I am going to go hit the show and stricty buy Perk, Kvasnicka, Rosin, and Knudson I might drop a few bucks on a Blyleven Cert, and maybe some displays and supplies for my Perk stuff. THEN I have to go hit the Charity signers (Feller, Blue, Grant, Jenkins etc etc)... Then hit the Gopher signers, than stand at the Radio booth and call it a day.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Nice to see some new pick ups in here.

TB, I will be surprised if Perkins is at Twinsfest. He could be non tendered. I highly doubt he shows up at Twinsfest unless he has a signed deal with the team in place before it. But I didn't think he would pitch for the Twins this year and he did.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
For your sake I hope that Perkins is still around. For the teams sake I'm not so sure. There was a time that he was a decent 4th-5th starter for us, but imo I just don't think he has much left. He is a lesser version of the rest of our strike-throwing only starters. The only way I see him coming back is if they want to take a chance and see how he looks in Spring, but if there isn't much there I don't see him staying for long.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
For your sake I hope that Perkins is still around. For the teams sake I'm not so sure. There was a time that he was a decent 4th-5th starter for us, but imo I just don't think he has much left. He is a lesser version of the rest of our strike-throwing only starters. The only way I see him coming back is if they want to take a chance and see how he looks in Spring, but if there isn't much there I don't see him staying for long.

I doubt he will be around myself.... which is going to suck for me, because I won't collect him unless he is in a Twins jersey... unless he would go to Washington. I would like him to stay just so I can meet him, but to be honest, if he is going to suck this bad, he can go away.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:

I doubt he will be around myself.... which is going to suck for me, because I won't collect him unless he is in a Twins jersey... unless he would go to Washington. I would like him to stay just so I can meet him, but to be honest, if he is going to suck this bad, he can go away.

So what are you going to do with the collection if he leaves? Keep it and start a different player?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:

So what are you going to do with the collection if he leaves? Keep it and start a different player?

Most likely. I wanna start getting Kvasnicka cards in... which isn't going so well. If Gominsky makes the draft, then it will all be him for a while. So many players, so little money.

But if I get a good deal on his Twins stuff, than I will keep buying it (mostly 1/1s and low numbered junk)

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:

Most likely. I wanna start getting Kvasnicka cards in... which isn't going so well. If Gominsky makes the draft, then it will all be him for a while. So many players, so little money.

But if I get a good deal on his Twins stuff, than I will keep buying it (mostly 1/1s and low numbered junk)

Yeah I'm sure I will pick up some of his stuff eventually, just not in too much of a hurry. I'm kind of in the same boat as you with all the players that are out that I want to get some stuff but need to watch my money. With TwinsFest, my gfs birthday, Twins season tickets, and all of this it makes it tough to try and manage my money. I did just pick up a Knudson Auto today though.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:
TBTwinsFan said:
TGutta said:

Yeah I'm sure I will pick up some of his stuff eventually, just not in too much of a hurry. I'm kind of in the same boat as you with all the players that are out that I want to get some stuff but need to watch my money. With TwinsFest, my gfs birthday, Twins season tickets, and all of this it makes it tough to try and manage my money. I did just pick up a Knudson Auto today though.

I do too. Like I said, I have to buy 2 Perk 1/1s, plus I owe my dad $25. It doesn't seem like much, but it is a lot when you are 16 with no job. Plus, I am thinking of saving for another vehicle, because mine is having so many problems right now.

Since I am going to college in a couple years, the first few months after TwinsFest, I am going to work on sealing up my collection. I am going to have much of my collection slabbed and boxed up so that when I move out, it will be less work, but it is going to cost a lot of money to do so. I am for sure slabbing all of my 1/1s, autos, and minor league team issues. I actually don't own a jersey card of Perk (except for a Triple Threads jsy au)... so that is also something I have to do. It's going to cost a lot of money...

You are lucky to have a Knudson cert. I only have him on a baseball with like... 6 other people. I didn't get Rosin/Maytas that day, and since I doubt Maytas signed, I am out there. I am picking up some Rosin/Knudson base though.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I hope that somewhere, Bill Smith is kicking himself or someone else for not pulling the trigger on a deal for Cliff Lee. ::facepalm::

Anyway, new cards! Thanks to a few pulls and some trades, I'm up to eight different orange chrome Twins!

orange.jpg

Not neccessarily trying for the set, but I'm pretty close, (Burnett, Hudson, Hughes, Kubel, Butera--anyone else?)

Got this in the mail today from my friend Danny Secrist (dano7).

dean.jpg

Don't know if I'll have him sign a #1 card if he's at Twinsfest, but we'll see. If it' the only card I have of him, then it'll have to do.

And one more new addition to the G-Man collection.

redg.jpg

Another pesky Pacific parallel off the list. Always need more. :D

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I have 3 Orange Refractors so far. I got the Span for my PC and pulled both an Alex Burnett and Luke Hughes. For this years chrome I also have a Span Gold, Span X, Mauer Ref, Burnett Blue, and Butera Blue Auto.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
So any Twins fans out there plan on picking up some BC stuff? I wanted to get one auto each of Sano and Gibson but has anybody else seen the early prices on Sano?!? Hopefully I will hit something nice in the box that I have coming from Blowout. Anyway here are some of my recent pick-ups for the last few weeks. Enjoy!
2005USABaseballNationalTeamAlumniSignaturesBlackAutod006-360.jpg

Got this Red for $5 :)
2010ToppsChromeRedRefractord13-25.jpg

2010ToppsChromeGoldRefractord34-50.jpg

And for Gopher fans..
SethRosin2010DonrussEliteExtraEditionEmeraldStatusDie-CutAutod24-25.jpg

Members online

Latest posts