Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

another rant for Cheap-ass ebay shipping and blue tape!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
this is what happens when you use Cheap-ass ebay shipping and blue tape to hold card in a pwe! what a shame! I am sooooooooooooo pissed right now I can not see Stright! It is a 2004 serial numbered to 25. A very bad crease going through the piece of the game. What a waste!!!!!!
1663697844938.jpeg
1663697892795.jpeg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I never buy a GU card if it's going to possibly be shipped in a PWE. Even if they package it as good as they can in a toploader, you are just asking for a crease like that. And if they just send it in a penny sleeve it's a guarantee.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Seller offered to refund my money AFTER I send the card back. I do not think so. I told him I will eat what I paid. To check his feed back.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I just saw one ending soon for $2 with $2 shipping…you get what you pay for…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Hell then I will take all 25 of these for $50 shipped.

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Hell then I will take all 25 of these for $50 shipped.

The card is $1 shipping, did you expect bubble mailers and packing tape? Like I said, you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have resorted to messaging sellers in those instances (before I bid ideally) where I win a GU card and suspect it will go via standard trading card method. I will offer to pay extra and have it shipped securely in a bubble mailer. I have received GU cards in PWEs , in toploaders that survived, but anything less and the card is lucky to make it through w/o damage and even with just a toploader, that isn't enough sometimes.

This topic will be discussed over and over until we are all sick about it, but the reality is, there are way too many dipshits selling collectibles online that have no clue and never will. If only there was a way to force a tutorial and a minimum shipping standard. It's definitely a 1st world problem here, but it is frustrating and a damn waste when good, rare cards get damaged through stupidity.

Maybe if one DS is paying attention, we call it a win...card into a soft sleeve, into an appropriately sized toploaded, put the card in upside down so the open end of the softsleeve is towards bottom of the toploader. A team bag would then be nice here, but some tape across the top to keep card from sliding out should suffice. Sandwich between 2 pieces or thick/rigid cardboard and tape that in place. Place in an appropriate sized padded mailer. This should prevent any but the most extreme cases of postal abuse. It's going to cost first class rates, probably in the $4+ range. Recycle materials whenever possible to save some pennies. You are buying a card, not a case, so stop whining when you get a used toploader inside a recycled mailer!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Honestly this is a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" situation. Once you know a GU card is likely to be wrecked when sent PWE, to knowingly buy one sent in a PWE then complain when it's wrecked is kind of on you. The seller straight up said it would be sent PWE, and sent it PWE. Absolutely the seller should not offer the option to ship a GU card PWE and is crappy for doing so, but you also need to take some responsibility for the result rather than make a new post ranting about idiot sellers every time it happens.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
It was a BIN and you do not have an option to change the shipping. ebay wants it paid for right there and then. I have done this before many of times ask the seller to ship at $4 in a bubble mailer, they say yes go back to hit the BIN and the card is GONE. I; liked the old days where you could hit the BIN and pay later. THE new way sucks! But it has been this way for years. Besides what kind of seller would want to ship it this way? Would you? now he will get a neg because he accused me of being dishonest and trying to scam him. I will eat the $20 bucks I am getting to the point where I am just sick of people in general.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't completely disagree with you about the "sick of people" comment. Sadly, it takers only a few turds to sour some folks and the more you deal with, the harder it gets to look past even the slightest annoyance. There are plenty of great people out there, but after dealing with turd after turd, it gets really old.

Got a new one for me today, for the headscratcher club. I won't lump this person into the turd category quite yet, but odd for sure. I get a box big enough to hold one of those old school lunch boxes from the 60s-70s. It was really light though, thought it might have been a ball I bought, but too light.

Once opened, I see a folded/taped envelope among crumpled newspaper. inside the envelope is a folded piece of cardboard. Within the cardboard is the card, just sitting there loose!

I swear the % of people who have NO IDEA how to ship a baseball card grows by the day. That couldn't have been cheap either. Why???

IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I don't completely disagree with you about the "sick of people" comment. Sadly, it takers only a few turds to sour some folks and the more you deal with, the harder it gets to look past even the slightest annoyance. There are plenty of great people out there, but after dealing with turd after turd, it gets really old.

Got a new one for me today, for the headscratcher club. I won't lump this person into the turd category quite yet, but odd for sure. I get a box big enough to hold one of those old school lunch boxes from the 60s-70s. It was really light though, thought it might have been a ball I bought, but too light.

Once opened, I see a folded/taped envelope among crumpled newspaper. inside the envelope is a folded piece of cardboard. Within the cardboard is the card, just sitting there loose!

I swear the % of people who have NO IDEA how to ship a baseball card grows by the day. That couldn't have been cheap either. Why???

View attachment 342038
View attachment 342039
Holy cow! At least there was some effort there.