Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone involved in Birdfans85 PSA submission post here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Gilmore now has Talmers number, voice mail has been left.

From what I was told the was a life or death situation in his immidiate family around this time. More information as we get it.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Anderdale said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Any news on this?

was wondering this also.. is this pretty much a lost cause at this point? We enter February in a day.

Bosox and I have been in discussions about options involving the police and such. Mods left Talmer a voicemail and by the lack of a response to PMs sent to mods, I guess Talmer never responded.

Have one final attempt to a mod at this point, but it's looking like we are going to have to go forward legally even though Talmer has been going through a rough time

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
And the closer February gets, the closer ST gets. Which really makes me miss my Harpers.

Talmer, I hope you get everything in life straightened out. But I think it's time to get the police involved.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I assume this is the same Talmer that had that awesome '54 Bowman autograph set? Can't be too many Talmers out there, so it probably is. Too bad - seems like a good dude. I really hope there's a good explanation for all of this.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
TNP777 said:
I assume this is the same Talmer that had that awesome '54 Bowman autograph set? Can't be too many Talmers out there, so it probably is. Too bad - seems like a good dude. I really hope there's a good explanation for all of this.

Wow. If it is the guy who collected those autograph Bowman, yeah, he was pretty decent guy in the past. Pretty out of character. Hope you guys get your cards back.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Talmer is a good dude, and there has to be a reason this all happened.

On the other side, if you front a submission like this, you have to pull through. especially if there are 1k worth of cards involved.

On a side note, someone needs to stand up.

I've read for a couple weeks about how ohhhhhh, he's gonna get it. We are going to set him straght.....

Everyone involved is waiting for someone else to start the action, but nobody is man enough to get it started.

If you have cards involved, sitting around and asking someone to start the series of events isn't going to accomplish anything.

Like I said, I know Talmer to be a good guy, and I'll back him.

The funny thing is that if the people involved really cared, do something about it!!!!

I like Talmer, but beating around the bush isn't going to accomplish anything

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Hell, I'm not even involved in this but want to do something... Being in Japan doesn't help though. If mods do have his phone # though, I suggest all those that are involved get it from someone and call. If he doesn't answer leave a message letting him know how serious this is.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
wolfmanalfredo said:

On the other side, if you front a submission like this, you have to pull through. especially if there are 1k worth of cards involved.

I've read for a couple weeks about how ohhhhhh, he's gonna get it. We are going to set him straght.....

Everyone involved is waiting for someone else to start the action, but nobody is man enough to get it started.

If you have cards involved, sitting around and asking someone to start the series of events isn't going to accomplish anything.

The funny thing is that if the people involved really cared, do something about it!!!!

Wolfman, we are trying everything we can to get him to respond without having to get the police involved. Myself, Gilmore, and George have all called his house I know George and I spoke to his Mom. His wife had some sort of emergency life saving heart surgery that she is recovering from. Given Talmers track record and current situation I think most of us would like to use the police as a last resort. That being said, we have looked into what it will take to get the authorities involved and are prepared to put the paper work together to send to Bruswick MD. Another thing I thought might get his attention is if any of you have a Facebook account, go to his page and publicly call him out. If his family and friends see this, he might be more inclined to respond. Also messaging him through Ebay might be another way to get his attention. If anyone else has some suggestions, we are willing to listen.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Wolfman, we are trying everything we can to get him to respond without having to get the police involved. Myself, Gilmore, and George have all called his house I know George and I spoke to his Mom. His wife had some sort of emergency life saving heart surgery that she is recovering from. Given Talmers track record and current situation I think most of us would like to use the police as a last resort. That being said, we have looked into what it will take to get the authorities involved and are prepared to put the paper work together to send to Bruswick MD. Another thing I thought might get his attention is if any of you have a Facebook account, go to his page and publicly call him out. If his family and friends see this, he might be more inclined to respond. Also messaging him through Ebay might be another way to get his attention. If anyone else has some suggestions, we are willing to listen.

Sorry guys, I only what i'd witnessed before this all happened and as i've said to the other moderators, I'm totally shocked this has gone the way it has, I really am. He is/was a stand up guy and always seemed to be helping fellow collectors but with that being said, it takes about 5 minutes to jump online and leave a quick note which if done, would have given him all the time in the world to take care of his personal issues. What other "steps" are there to take to get a response or some type of action?

File your report and let them take care of it. Its been months, are you truly still thinking he hasnt had a spare minute to answer you?

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I live about an hour away, I dont really want to get involved but I would like to see everyone get their stuff back. If there is something within reason I can do to help let me know...

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
This really is a shame and I feel bad for everyone involved.

I completely understand that if something like this had happened to my wife, the last thing I would be concerned about are sports cards. The fact that he has still been buying and selling on eBay, he obviously has the time to hop on here and try to put everyone as ease. I know things went south from the beginning, but he could have simply sent everyone their stuff back.

I know it's probably a pain in the ass with the amount of cards he has, but it wouldn't take that long to go to the PO and ship everyone back their cards. I always thought he was a good guy, but this is bad.

Everyone has given him plenty of time. The time has come to file the paperwork and get the ball rolling on getting this resolved. Whoever is heading this up needs to get everything sorted and filed. The sooner you get that done, hopefully the sooner this can be resolved.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have had a ton of bad things happen in my life but I always handled my responsibilities. I don't wanna sound like a jerk but this is used way to often around here as a crutch. Pick up a phone and talk about to guys who are concerned. Its not that difficult.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
jcmint said:
I have had a ton of bad things happen in my life but I always handled my responsibilities. I don't wanna sound like a jerk but this is used way to often around here as a crutch. Pick up a phone and talk about to guys who are concerned. Its not that difficult.

I dont have a dog in this race but I cannot agree more with this statement. Emails take what...a few minutes to explain the situation? Its not that hard!!

Members online

Latest posts