Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arod joins Hank Aaron in exclusive 2,000 RBI club, fittingly with HR #666.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Bummer MLB and other professional sports have not asked four you knowledgeable opinion and inviting you to their committees of Drug Programs.

Are you saying that greenies (that is a speed) is the same as steroids ( a growth hormone)?????????

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
We are not even talking or taking his 3000 hits hes about to approach into consideration which is also a huge milestone!

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Are you saying that greenies (that is a speed) is the same as steroids ( a growth hormone)?????????

I do not understand what you mean by placing growth hormone in parenthesis after steroids, but I do not need to use my MD to obviously state they are not the same. Yet, they are also banned substances and using them is cheating, independently of what you think of them.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I do not understand what you mean by placing growth hormone in parenthesis after steroids, but I do not need to use my MD to obviously state they are not the same. Yet, they are also banned substances and using them is cheating, independently of what you think of them.

exactly and if caught you should be banned. not given a second or third chance. But you need to get caught. Not just go by what others say

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
The information age has killed cheating. All the way up until the early 2000's the technology wasn't in place to track every player every second of the day - so illicit drug use commonly went unseen.

I know there's no proof a lot of 'old school' players never used but does that really exonerate them? We'll never know - it's all speculation. I wouldn't be surprised at all if any or all of them did. Competitive edge has always been a part of sports, be it legal or not.

Yes I agree players now are all under a microscope where players back then could have got away with a lot more. I have the agree when steroids were happening I also remember a lot of pitchers throwing the fastball faster than they are now. So you have to assume everyone was taking something as baseball didn't care and ran out of control. The newer players who are caught are the ones you have to question more than the ones in the 90's. Most people don't watch baseball for the pitching and in the 90's people like Bonds and McGwire saved baseball as it was almost a dead sport after the strike but they were crushing homeruns and breaking records and people got interested in watching again

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Members online