Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August Pickup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Got some of these in July, but I'll post here:

#'d/25

#'d/10

#'d/15

Got this in a PWE ... from Canada, but shipped from Buffalo. Guy said that the creasing was normal in patch cards. I've been in this game for pushing on 30 years; I've seen creasing on the corners more than anything. This was because it was a PWE. Said, 'Ship it back and you'll get a refund'. He had his address as the Canadian address but sent it from Buffalo, to save money. So, for the $5 I got this card for, I'd have to pay more than what the refund would be to ship it back. This is how you get negative feedback. Ugh ...

#'d/100

#'d/20

#'d/25

#'d/25

#'d/5

#'d/50

#'d/50. $.99 + shipping :p

#'d/29

#'d/10

#'d/25 (5th copy)

#'d/3

#'d/3

#'d/9 (3rd copy)

#'d/10 (3rd one I've ever seen, 2nd copy I own)

#'d 1/1

#'d 1/1. Been looking for this one for 5 years. Showed up in Japan / Taiwan. Spent more than I wanted, but, it's home where it's always belonged.

#'d/10. Saw this at Nats '11. This was on the Sunday, before [MENTION=4311]Zeeck[/MENTION] & I were going to head to the Reds / Cubs game. Nearly the last table we went to. Asked the dealer how much he wanted for his copy of the card. He said, "$600". My jaw dropped, hit the floor and shattered into a billion pieces. I said, shockingly, "$600 ??? Seriously ?" He said, "The lowest I could go is $500. That's a good price, considering all the pitchers on the card are young stars and are only going to get better". 5 years later, this '$500' card cost me less than $70 dlvd. Color me beyond excited !

Copy #60 or so.

#'d/99 (copy #8 or so)

#'d/35 (copy #7 or so)

#'d/50 (copy #7)

#'d/199. I think I'm up to 15 copies of these.

Oddball that I just HAD to have. Have never seen it before, either.

#'d/10 (2nd or 3rd copy)

#'d/25

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Topps Mark Grace baseball card contract from 2000.

GS636.jpg

I already had a 1991 contract, so they will go nice together. They will be useful to demonstrate the evolution of his autograph, as he changed it around 1993.

toppscontract.jpg

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Got my autographed Mashi book from the kickstarter campaign. Signed by the author and Murakami. Too bad the book tour didn't make it down to San Diego. Didn't feel like driving up to LA on a weekday.

IMG_8818_zpsd4exivrh.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm very happy to add these two to the old timer/HOF GU PC:

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Burleigh Grimes jumbo jersey with pinstripe 31/83 (the stain has a slight red tint to it):
grimes1.jpg
Grimes2.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Stan Musial jumbo pants with stitching 23/25:
musial1.jpg
musial2.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jackie patches are extremely hard to find. Been eyeing this for a long time and made numerous offers. The 3x eBay bucks today helped bridge the difference.

$_57.JPG

To me this is one of the great rookie cards of the modern era. Cutch is a generational player (he's finished in the top 3 in MVP voting in each of the last 3 seasons and looks like he could easily do so again this year). This is his only Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph and it is limited to 90 copies (serially numbered /125, but for those who remember the AFLAC redemption fiasco, only 90 were released.

$_57.JPG

Members online