Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BBWAA strips Dan Le Batard of his HOF vote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
No voting process is fair. Arrow's Impossibility Theorem stands true even here.

Assume that today they tossed the current voting system out. What do they replace it with? How do they make a more fair system that won't result in a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth?

I don't think they can, but the guys that pull stupid XXXX like blank ballots, votes for Jones and Benitez, should be gone.

How the hell did 16 guys not put Maddux on their ballot?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I don't think they can, but the guys that pull stupid XXXX like blank ballots, votes for Jones and Benitez, should be gone.

How the hell did 16 guys not put Maddux on their ballot?

The same way that over half of Americans can't be bothered to vote for a president. I teach a Discrete Math course and Election Theory is a major component. The fact that ONLY 16 guys were idiots is mathematically impressive.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I feel the HOF'ers should get a vote, like Hiesman Winner's do. They know what it took to get there and should have a say who gets to join them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
God forbid that actual baseball fans have some small say in who goes into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

The BBWAA has become so completely out of touch with the fan base. They preach to us and moralize like we give a XXXX what they think; irrespective of the fact that most of them don't agree with each other anyway.

The BBWAA thinks that the Hall is theirs and couldn't be bothered to entertain the opinions of the fans or players in the Hall. Most of these ******** have never even played the sport, yet they lord over the highest recognition in the land (the HoF, MVP, etc.). The current living members, broadcasters of tenure and a form of fan voting should be the determining factor.

In my opinion, Le Batard is the only one that I have any evidence should even KEEP his vote...

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I never said anything about the players on his ballot other than Bonds and Clemens.

And sorry @chromerookies but I don't accept your judgment of "moronic" for wanting to keep those two out of the hall.

Both were great, but both screwed themselves when they started using.

This is reflected in the fact that both of their vote percentages went down significantly this year.

Many believe Ricky was a user. There are for certain, users already in the HOF. I don't disagree with you that it and they suck for doing it. I just don't know where to draw the line. Dirty players are going to slip through and some clean players are going to get screwed. That's the worse case to me.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I feel the HOF'ers should get a vote, like Hiesman Winner's do. They know what it took to get there and should have a say who gets to join them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Things didn't go well when the Veterans Committee was formed mainly by HOF'ers, that's why the change the system.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
The same way that over half of Americans can't be bothered to vote for a president. I teach a Discrete Math course and Election Theory is a major component. The fact that ONLY 16 guys were idiots is mathematically impressive.

Or proves how big of a no brainer it was, being as, most humans carry bias and many are brain dead.

Members online

Latest posts