Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best and/or Iconic post-2000 Wax to Bust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
Hey FCBers,
I found myself at a different LCS yesterday, and I got to talking with the owner. He's got a great deal of old wax taking up space in his store that he's looking to get rid of at a competitive price. I've only rejoined the hobby in the last two years, and I love busting wax, so this might be a good chance for me to fill in some older cards from my "hibernation".

That said, I was hoping you guys might be able to point me to some of the real highlights (set and wax-wise) of the last ten years or so.

While I know there's no definiteve answer to these questions, I'd like to get some opinons.

What sets/releases were really good, and might represent soild value? Which ones are widely regarded as awful and should be avoided?

Thanks y'all?

billsanders007

Jan 20, 2011
Since it sounds like you missed a lot of the autograph and jersey stuff, I have a box for you!

2007 Sweet Spot Classic Baseball

Only negative, redemptions have expired, but they fall usually at a rate of maybe 1 per case.

Great autograph checklist. The chance for some nice, big hits.

You get 1 auto and 2 game used per pack, plus 2-3 base.

Youtube the product and watch some case videos...for the price point the HOF autos just fly out of it, combine that with a chance at some nice cuts. I say rip away!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
sheetskout said:
2007 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects

One of my personal favorites.

Just my opinion, but I would NOT rip this unless it is $45 a box or cheaper. THere are ZERO autographs worth pulling. So you are strictly searching for parallels and base chrome of Mous, Freddie, Price, Heyward, etc.

skrip

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
LOL, I don't think this dealer has 06 ginter and 01 heritage laying around that he is looking to move. Chances are
its Fleer tradtiion and crappy UD products. There is a reason why its still there!

I suggest on your next visit, you bring a beckett and a smart phone and spend some time looking up what is in the
products and what places like blowout and D&A are selling them for. If he wants to move them he will beat those
prices.

Good Luck
Kevin

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
LOL, I don't think this dealer has 06 ginter and 01 heritage laying around that he is looking to move. Chances are
its Fleer tradtiion and crappy UD products. There is a reason why its still there!

I suggest on your next visit, you bring a beckett and a smart phone and spend some time looking up what is in the
products and what places like blowout and D&A are selling them for. If he wants to move them he will beat those
prices.

Good Luck
Kevin

100% in agreement with you Kevin. I was just hoping for a little guidance to help me with some focus. There's a lot of stuff....

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:
2007 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects

One of my personal favorites.

Just my opinion, but I would NOT rip this unless it is $45 a box or cheaper. THere are ZERO autographs worth pulling. So you are strictly searching for parallels and base chrome of Mous, Freddie, Price, Heyward, etc.

skrip

Skrip is right here. But the base chrome's are of some HUGE players.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Take a look for Donruss/Leaf/Playoff products from 2001-2005. Almost all of those boxes had good hits and multiple GU/auto per box. They are all but dried up on the secondary market. I love opening boxes of Studio, Donruss, Leaf Certified Materials, Playoff Honors, Leaf, etc. when I can find them cheap.

Members online

Latest posts