Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

better upside? Slade Heathcott or Brett Jackson...discuss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
Talked to a few people who debated this. One party felt Jackson had better all-around tools but that Heathcott would hit for more power and had the better arm. Who do you think projects as a better MLB player?

- jason

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
Why don't you make this a poll?
Because some people who don't know anything about the subject will just vote randomly, skewing the results. The fact that there is no poll also creates more of a discussion, and less people just voting without explaining their choice in a post.

Good call going with no poll :D

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a big Heathcott guy. Tons of tools. Heard a few rumors from one of his former AFLAC teammates that I didn't like, but I really like him as a player.

A little bit worried about his K-rate, as I tend to shy away from guys who strikeout that much, but he should be fine.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Jackson short term. He'll be in Chicago either by end of the year (call up) or next year. I think he has some pop and can hit for average. Based on his last night (hit for the cycle) I think he is a complete hitter

Heathcott is a long term project. I wouldn't figure to see him in New York till at least 3 years from now (just starting out at Charleston)

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
brianga26 said:
Jackson short term. He'll be in Chicago either by end of the year (call up) or next year. I think he has some pop and can hit for average. Based on his last night (hit for the cycle) I think he is a complete hitter

Heathcott is a long term project. I wouldn't figure to see him in New York till at least 3 years from now (just starting out at Charleston)

Brett Jackson is still in A ball, and not exactly setting the world on fire.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I will go with Heathcott...I don't care which player has better upside in terms of talent. I think the profit potential for Heathcott is greater than Jackson.

From an investment standpoint, what more can you ask for in a Bowman Chrome autograph that was selling for $11-12? He plays for the Yankees, has above average power, speed and a good arm.

Seems like a good gamble to me....now that people are starting to look past Strasburg and Harper on the checklist his cards are slowly drifting up in price.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
BowmanChromeAddict said:
ballerskrip said:
I will take Brett Jackson....Could see the Bigs MUCH quicker. I like his overall tools.

skrip

(note, skrip is a cubs fan)

NOTE, you have a HUGE card of one of the players in the discussion.

I have seen his swing in a few different videos. The one thing I will say is...NOT IMPRESSED. But, as a Yankee prospect, you don't have to do alot to really cash in. I think he is a good investment. But if I had to choose, I am taking Jackson.

skrip

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
ballerskrip said:
But, as a Yankee prospect, you don't have to do alot to really cash in. I think he is a good investment.

That was my point...for $11 it has little downside risk and a ton of upside potential.

Jul 30, 2009
My goodness, do I hope you Heathcott guys are right because I ALWAYS sell high valued (over $100 or so) prospect guys but I was on the fence about the Slade Orange I got from my case.

Eventhough I basically figured Ill hold it weeks ago, its still nice to hear so many people have faith in him.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
ballerskrip said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
ballerskrip said:
I will take Brett Jackson....Could see the Bigs MUCH quicker. I like his overall tools.

skrip

(note, skrip is a cubs fan)

NOTE, you have a HUGE card of one of the players in the discussion.

I have seen his swing in a few different videos. The one thing I will say is...NOT IMPRESSED. But, as a Yankee prospect, you don't have to do alot to really cash in. I think he is a good investment. But if I had to choose, I am taking Jackson.

skrip

But the difference is that I came out and admitted my extreme bias. I'm just messing with you Skrip.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts