Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boxscore Bingo (numba1yankeefan wins!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Re: Boxscore Bingo

Just to clarify, folks;

In order to cross off a square, the scenario has to be an exact match.

When I made the game, I knew it would probably take several weeks until we have a winner.

However, if we start getting into mid-late June, I may just ask who has the most crossed off and go from there.

Let's see how this plays out so I can refine the next round after the All-Star break.

Enjoy!

G

It has to take at least 25 days for a pitcher to get 5 wins, everyone should have the top 2 and bottom 2 rows crossed off by the time there is a winner

braden

Aug 7, 2008

I've knocked 4 off my list so far. Having fun looking through the boxscores, too.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Re: Boxscore Bingo Players: Your cards are ready!

cjedmonton said:
Also, a quick note regarding injuries:

If any of your five players goes on the DL for 2 consecutive weeks or longer, you may mark off their square as a "free space".

Since the minimum amount of time a player can be on the DL is 15 days...is any DL stint considered a "free space"? Or did you mean two DL stints to make it a free space? Also, when does the space get to be crossed off, at the beginning or end of the DL stint?

4 down already, maybe more depending on the answers to these questions! Thanks for the contest!

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA

May I use the same game for two boxes?

edit: Not that I have much a chance of winning anyways, there's about a 1% possibility of the Cubs stealing 4 bases in a game.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

To answer a few questions:

1. As far as I know, DL stints don't automatically equate to 15+ days of missed time. Case in point: Brian Wilson's due back by the end of this week, because his DL status was activated retroactively to March 22nd (give or take).

As for this game, I'd like to keep the "free space" rule as simple as possible. So, if a player goes on the official DL for any length of time, you may mark off their space right away.

As with the regular squares, please confirm those free spaces with the date the player went on the DL.

I'll post a DL list as soon as I can for quick reference.

2. Yes, you may use the same boxscore for as many of your squares that match.

Thanks.

braden

Aug 7, 2008

Corey Hart's DL stint gives me 7 squares. Not sure how that compares w/ the rest.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

Totally forgot about this. Thanks for including me.
Have my card now.......off to check some box scores. :D

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

cjedmonton said:
To answer a few questions:

So, if a player goes on the official DL for any length of time, you may mark off their space right away.

This just makes no sense at all. A guy goes on the 15 day DL and you get to cross him off the list for something that would likely take a couple of months for him to do anyhow? Just seems silly. Why even have individual player requirements? A guy might need to get 30RBI, which would take a couple of months at least, but he's on the DL for 2 weeks and you just get to cross it off?

Seems like he needs to AT LEAST be on the 60 day DL for it to be crossed off, and only at the END of the DL stint.

G

It should be at the end of the DL stint that it gets crossed off, but not allowing for the ones that started on the DL and are coming back before 15 days

G

Really hoping Rios gets hurt, no way he'll get 10 steals

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts